Am i the only a hole who just can't stand their child sometimes?

I sound like the worst mom ever, and i feel like it too, but i just don't want to be around my kid sometimes. She is 2 and never stops annoying me. I want one day to feel like a normal person who isn't just stressed to the max! I feel like I have a huge ball of stress just bouncing around my stomach and chest and I want to pull my hair out. I work with kids all day then I come home to my kid who doesn't listen to anything i have to say. I understand she is 2 and I try everything i can to get her to listen but i feel like every little thing she does is just building on top of each other. The littlest thing is like a huge deal to me now! I can't stand her crying or screaming or anything. I never thought I would be this stressed and angry at such a little cute thing. I can't stand to even look at her or be by her sometimes. I sound like such a jerk but I need to know there are more moms out there that feel this way sometimes. I feel like lately I'd rather just be alone than with my own kid. Tell me this ends!!!!!
I would really rather only nice people are answering. I may just go off on someone if they have something negative to say..I already feel awful.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I am a SAHM to my 4 year old son and I feel the same way sometimes. It just gets to the point where I will lock myself in the bathroom for 5 minutes, sometimes I cry sometimes I just sit there in silence. I have begun putting him in daycare a day a week or every other week. I feel bad about it too...I feel like I am failing as a parent :(
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 1:40 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Your not the only one u just need a break take a day for your self.. do u work if not get a part time job it will get you out of the house a few hours a week you will be better my son take so much of my time I truly understand if u need to chat just write me
    enaNianza

Answer by enaNianza at 1:41 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• My son is 3 and there are times I have to step away and take time to think. He has went through some really annoying, stressful, awful, phases that were hard to deal with. Right now he over exaggerates getting hurt and screams then "cries" for 30 min. I can't stand it! I feel like I am being cold hearted but after while I just have to tell him to stop crying and screaming because I know he isn't really hurt. It is rough but we have to stay strong! Things will get better :)
    kayaiden8907

Answer by kayaiden8907 at 1:42 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Every age and stage is different and has its challenges sometimes. I remember 2 with dd was easy, but with son was totally different. He was like a spinning top and his body couldnt keep up with his legs half the time...lol, Well, now I have teens and sometimes that is challenging too. Getting into heated debates with a child who towers above you is not easy, but its necessary at times. Having my emotional 18 yr old drama queen dd using her high pitched voice to get her point across, is not fun either. I want to run and hide sometimes too. I think its just life, being a mom, its hard sometimes, no matter what the age. I lke the ideas the other ladies gave to you about a couple hours of daycare, or grandma over. Any way you can get a little breathier from this full time bundle of energy called your toddler,,,hugs
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:49 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• mom like me, be careful before you trigger a caliber out to your child head or yours. Don't get crazy over the attitude of your child. Let us first analyze why the attitude of the child was like that. Maybe shes asking something she souldn't have but doesn't understand about it. Maybe we can do a little bit explaining to the child or do reward system for the child. Or maybe we can put " our shoes unto the child shoes". Had you ever thought how you also reacted on the same situation when you were like your child's age? By then, you will know, ahhhh! I was like this before. So you know how you are going to deal with your child. One more thing, try to think that your child is a very rare gift from someone you love most and you will see how much care you will provide the child.
    Roz331

Answer by Roz331 at 1:51 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Your 2yo never STARTS annoying you... you are annoyed by her. She has nothing at all to do with that. Put her in a room with 100 people, and all 100 of them will have different reactions to what she's doing.

Generally, the real annoyance in kids behaviour comes from expecting them to be doing something else (usually something far beyond their abilities), or not doing the things that are within their abilities.

The other huge source of annoyance is believing your interpretation of her motives (like 'she's trying to annoy you' as one example) is accurate.

While children are still so small they can be thrown off 17th floor balconies, it is never in their best interests to annoy the adults who could manage it --so whatever you think she's trying to accomplish, you can be assure 'annoying you' is NOT on the list.

Try feeding her. Turn off the noisemakers. Go outside. Make eye contact. Eat something yourself. Basic needs...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 4:04 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• No, I think it's normal. We will always love our children no matter what they do, but sometimes we may just not like them very much! I felt like this about DD yesterday. She woke up at 5am with a poopy diaper and REFUSED To go back to sleep! She didn't take a nap until almost 3 and all she did was scream and throw tantrums all day. And then when she finally took a nap she only slept for an hour. (she usually naps from noon to 2-3). I was exhaused and grumpy all day yesterday. I was sooo glad when I put her to bed!
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 8:46 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Totally normal.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 10:48 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Your not the only one i feel like this too sometimes aobut my two children. Its so frustrating!!! The only thing i can tell you is that you need to get your own time, even if its just going to the grocery store for a little while. good luck i hope you get some alone time.
    2breath2live

Answer by 2breath2live at 1:31 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• IDK, I dont think that I am mean, but if you work with kids all day , maybe that is your issue! You have to put your child first and it seems like you give all your positive energy to your job, instead of you child! I am 25 and a SAHM of 5 kids, 8,5,4,1, and 4 monthes, and the reason I dont feel like that is beacuse I dont over stretch myself! If you feel you need to "go off" on me, fine, but know that I dont recheck my answers, so it will be for nothing!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 3:47 PM on Mar. 27, 2011