Eye sight? and glasses?

Ok my son eye sight is really bad idk how he can do anything with such bad eyes his RX is at -21.50 now and if he was old enough to drive his legally not aloud b/c of how bad they are...... ok the real qu I'm getting at is Do you or any or the kids have eye problems like my son or blind?

enaNianza

Asked by enaNianza at 1:46 AM on Mar. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• no
    MommyA05

Answer by MommyA05 at 1:47 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• He's not that bad, but he potentially could be by the time he reaches adulthood. Mine are close, but still within the range to be corrected with contacts so I can drive. How old is your son? Depending on exactly how they're that bad, it's possible they can at least partially correct it with one of the laser procedures.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:50 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• My RX is -5.25.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 1:50 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• No, our DD has zero eye problems.

Holy crud. I didnt' even know RX's went that high. I thought I was blind at -3.75. =(. I am so sorry, and I have no advice. But I will offer you a bump.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 1:55 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• My son is two and his age sight was -7.50 at six months then at a year and a half -13 and his two -21.50 there only getting worst
    enaNianza

Comment by enaNianza (original poster) at 1:57 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Thank you I'm sad and his Dr won't do lasik until his 21 I know if they do it now it would only help for a little but I wish it will stop getting worst
    enaNianza

Comment by enaNianza (original poster) at 2:00 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• my daughter's eyes are pretty bad but she can still function without her glasses. the doctor said the glasses will help correct her vision so that she won't have problems later on. she only has to wear them 4 hours a day.
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 3:04 AM on Mar. 27, 2011