How long after scrubbing the floors on your hands and knees did it take you to go into labor?

I'm 3 days over due and don't want to be medically induced. I will have no choice in 7 days, so I've tried everything else. Sex, yoga ball, walking, steps, enema, spicy food, masterbation, and baths. So yesterday someone told me to get on my hands and knees and scrub some floors. Which was actually perfect because my friend painted my bathroom and left paint all over my floor. So I scrubbed the hell out of it for about an hour. If you've tried this or know someone who has, how long after scrubbing did the active labor come? I've been in labor for 14 days, contractions every 2 mins. However, I'm dilating VERY slow. I'm at 3cm and 75% effaced. So please don't tell me I need to be patient. Being medically induce can cause major complications. So that's what I'm trying to avoid.

sissy0604

Asked by sissy0604 at 2:03 AM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I was in labor three weeks and stuck there. From my point of view, it looks like you might have to get some sort of induction. But you don't have to go straight to pitocin. There's, cervadil, I think that's what it's called. They put it in your vagina to help it ripen and sometimes that helps speed up labor.

Unfortunately, every time I've been pregnant I would start dilating very slowly but I never progressed. Every single time I ended up in an induction, which is the better route than the baby running out of amniotic fluid or growing too large and not fitting.

I have absolutely zero advice, but I've never heard of a woman actually scrubbing the floors to help labor start. I've heard of stairs, sex, nipple and clitoral stimulation, etc. Red raspberry tea, cohosh, etc. But NEVER getting down on your hands and knees.

Mama, if labor was to come you'd be too tired to push! You need to relax a little! =)

GL
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 2:07 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I know you're concerned about being induced, but if you're at the point to where you have to get induced, don't freak too much. There are bad things that can happen if you refuse the induction. They tried twice to start labor with my son, and my body wouldn't do it. So I ended up being induced technically three times with him. They finally broke my water, put two things in my vagina to ripen it, and then started me on pit about 8 hours later.

He was running out of amniotic fluid. There was absolutely no waiting for my body to go into labor anymore. But I can say after my experience if your body truly isn't ready to go into labor, even with induction drugs, it will not. Breaking the water is about the final point. From there you HAVE to deliver within 24 hours or you get an automatic c-section. So, that's something to consider.

GL
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 2:10 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I stay relaxed most the day and sleep at least 8 hrs. I haven't tried everything all in one day. So I'm ok. Just really don't want to be induced if I dont have to be... And want to know I tried everything not to be.
    sissy0604

Comment by sissy0604 (original poster) at 2:14 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Surprising. When I was contracting, I'd sleep almost all day. I was awake for maybe 6-7 hours out of the entire day. I was just so tired.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 2:18 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I tried that. I Dont know if it really worked or not. After i did it i went into labor like 3 days later. So Im not sure if that helped me and pushed me along or if i just happend to go into labor a couple days after that. Good luck hope everything works out.
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 2:23 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Yeah I've been very lazy for the most part.
    sissy0604

Comment by sissy0604 (original poster) at 2:27 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• ( *Well no one is forcing you to get induced, though. It is optional. You are aware of elective inductions being risky so why not decline this offer? )

If you aren't progressing then sounds like it's not Time yet.
    Alleviating the contractions while you do some detective work can help.
    What are you doing to help with positioning?
    Have you seen the chiro? Acupuncturist?
    There are things you can do if you want!

Best wishes!

doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:30 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• He will die in my belly after so long... So no I dnot have a choice if my body won't do what it's suppose to. I have a few tests run on friday if he isn't here by then.
    sissy0604

Comment by sissy0604 (original poster) at 2:33 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• That must be really hard~ sorry to hear this!
    If you are high risk and having potentially fatal complications you would likely be getting induced asap, yes?
    What is the condition?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:35 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• No this is with ALL pregnancies. When you get to 42 weeks their becomes serious complications if you don't get them out. They can't stay in you forever...
    sissy0604

Comment by sissy0604 (original poster) at 2:41 AM on Mar. 27, 2011