Confused....

So I went to a Christian Church and he was saying that people die for their sins. So, I am confused why do little children die? How have they sinned? What about stillborns?

Please don't bash just got confused with that statement and would like some clarification.

vjoaquin

Asked by vjoaquin at 2:24 AM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Religious Debate

• I'm glad you gave the Scripture reference. Not sure what version he was reading from, but KJV reads, "Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die." The people of Judah believed they were being punished for the sins of their ancestors, not their own. God judges each person individually. Although we sometimes suffer from the effects of sins committed by those who came before us, God does not punish us for someone else's sins, and we can't use their mistakes as an excuse for our sins. Each person is accountable to God for their own actions.
    Children are innocent--plain and simple. They don't know what sin is.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 7:03 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• We live and we die. Its as simple as that. Animals are born and die too. Sometimes they die early and sometimes they die before they are even welcomed in to this world. It is life and has nothing to do with sin.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 7:58 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Huh??? never heard that before!
    Are you sure you heard it correctly and what was the context?
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:40 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I can't explain it because it's out of context and I think we're missing something. People die it doesn't matter how much we sin or not, we all die.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 9:14 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• When some christian ministers talk about death they are not talking about death of the body but death of the soul. So he may not have been talking about when you actually die but if there is an after life and having your soul die. Sorry out of practice explaining these things I am sure a actual christian could explain better than a retired one.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 11:22 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• My houseplant is dying. I wonder what sin it committed. It always seemed so nice, helping clean the air and sitting there looking so pretty. . .
    jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 2:12 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Ahhhh ok ... let me explain... Jesus died for our sins when He did that He took up everything for us so we do not have to. However... when we are in Christ we are alive.. when we SIN it seperates us from the giver of that Life. Father God and Jesus.... it is likened to death. When we repent and ask for forgiveness we are ALIVE .

When we choose to continue to sin it does kill us and draws us further from His love. Its a spiritual thing. Not a physical.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:50 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I think op is trying to stir the pot. Without the context of the entire sermon, it's difficult to answer the question
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 9:42 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• people do die for their sins but children are not included in that. i jus lost my 17month old daughter. there is no way children die over sins. sometimes God just needs them. He gets tired of takin the older ppl. I know it sounds weird but thats what i tell myself daily
    LindasueDa

Answer by LindasueDa at 2:31 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Yes that's what he said. He said that the ultimate punishment was death for our sins.
    He began with how much God loves us and how He gave up His son so we can live.
    vjoaquin

Comment by vjoaquin (original poster) at 2:43 AM on Mar. 27, 2011