BF a toddler....do you continue even if Dad objects?

momma922

Asked by momma922 at 2:36 AM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's a family decision, but it might be good to arm yourself with info supporting your decision if he objects. I know DH missed having my breasts to himself!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:38 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• continue
    Gen

Answer by Gen at 2:42 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I'm still BF'ing my youngest and she's already 2 years old. DH doesn't support or otherwise, he leaves such decisions up to me. :D If he objected, I might be tempted to wean earlier, but I'd try to reason with him first.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 2:45 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I told him how I felt about it and that it was best for our child. I showed him some info. And in the end it was and is my choice.
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 3:16 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• my baby my boob dad will just have to get over it, and its not like it should be dont in public at that point anyway they are old enough to drink from a sippy cup or wait till they get home.
    letlovegrow2524

Answer by letlovegrow2524 at 3:34 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I would. I would tell dad, that if he wants nursing to stop, he'd need to provide me with a good reason, one with facts behind it. I'd tell him that if he were able to find facts suggesting it's a bad idea, then we could discuss it. Otherwise, I'll trust MY body and my research.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:21 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• That should be up to you, if you want to or even think he still needs it, then you should. Whats best for him his the most inportant thing. Bf is a decision as well as a choice you have made for your child, most men can't understand. The bond you and your son have is only yours and your dh might be feeling a little jelios of it. You can try to get him to understand why your still bf and what it does for you and your little guy.
    Kimberly71682

Answer by Kimberly71682 at 6:16 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• My husband and I talked about it before our daughter was born. I think he was ready for me to stop when she was one but she was having ear infections and it was obviously a great comfort for her. We nursed until 17 months when it was really down to a comfort thing for her. We had one really rough night and that was it. She was ready and so was I. You'll know when you are ready.
    karischub

Answer by karischub at 6:53 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I personally think there should be an open line of communication but that dad should yield the decision to mom. My dh thinks different. He thinks that dads should not get a say since they are not the ones bf. If my husband objected, I would sit down and logically debate the issue out like we always do.

If there is a situation where a dad is telling mom flat out to stop, they have bigger issues then bf.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 1:49 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• There would have to be an extremely good reason.. ( i cant really think of any) otherwise i would continue... its not like its harming your kiddo.
    kaitilala

Answer by kaitilala at 5:58 PM on Mar. 29, 2011