What's going on with this?

ok so me and my fam haven't been on the best of terms right now. So I split from the pack and doing my own thing. My cousin trying to stay in contact cause she claim she wants to be in her cousin life. I am kinda not feeling it (the realness of it) but I try to be nice with her.

So my son bday come and go and I get not one call from family or email from them wishing my son a happy bday. I was upset and brushed it off. y cousin emailed me a few days later and it said whats up. I said u missed my son bday. She said I know it was on such and such day but I never got an invite.

I was like "so you knew his birthday and still didn't say anything? lol" In my head I was like damn who said I had a party AND only way for you to say something to my son is if I had a party. A party got to be involved...??? Who said I even had a party? To me that is not an excuse to just drop a simple line "happy bday XXXX". I ain't mad at her I just don't get her (my cousin for doing that).

So I brushed it off so I wouldn't start a fight but what ya think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:36 AM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• Well, they kinda have a right to be mad, you practically abandoned them at all costs. But, I still dont think its right that they didnt wish ur son a happy birthday! Thats bogus. Just because theyre mad at you, doesnt mean they have to miss his birthday!
    GraciesMommy464

Answer by GraciesMommy464 at 2:42 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• My family and I don't go to someone's house if we know that there is a member of the house having a birthday. We are considerate of them. They might have plans. We go when we are invited. My family calls and wishes the person a happy birthday and/or sends a card. Your cousin thought she was doing the right thing. If you wanted any of your family to come, why did you not invite them? I don't say this to be rude.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 2:44 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• How old is the son?
    Sounds like you have chosen to cut yourself off from the family, so maybe they would not have felt comfortable sending a card, calling, or sending email with birthday greetings.
    If the son is old enough to have his feelings hurt, then that's between them and him, but if he's little, then it's between them and you and they might be just respecting your wishes to isolate yourself.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 2:50 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• the other side of my daughters family is all crazy and doesn't have anything to do with her. the cousin was the same way but she was just checking up on me and talking crap to them. you're probably right. if you have a vibe, stick with it.
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 3:02 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I don't like them because they never have my back and can't hold water. I left the small town for bigger and better things. They accuse me of forgettng where I am from. I'm you don't even know so "bye girl fly girl". My son is 2...I just wanted a simple bday wish for him. they always hide behind they don't know how I felt or blah blah blah. They never step out and contact me and make up there own mind about me and what I am doing/want. Like ask me before you "try" to make a fair decision.

I don't trust them enough to be real. She emailed me 2 days after his bday...if she new his bday came and went she could just said happy belated bday.To me it is the point just make a wish. I don't care if I talk to them but don't be hating on my baby. I now my cousin wont get it she don't have a kid and not able to do things for herself but yeah...........
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:39 AM on Mar. 27, 2011