Umm she cant be serious right?

my neighbor who lives 2 doors down from me just knocked on my door asking me to watch her 2 kids now it is 12:30 am im just now getting home like minutes ago ooh and i asked her what for and she says"i have a umm family emergency
wtf this woman is all dressed up hair curled,high heels,and a really tight black dress on plus she has a really strong smell of Marijuana on her i ask her what kind of am emergency requires hills and she says"its a real emergency a family emergency just watch them for me ive been looking out of my window waiting for you to come home i have no one else to watch them so please i"ll get them in the morning
WTF this doesn't even sound right because she would not tell me what kind of an emergency it was but she started being dramatic crying and saying"your the only one i can count on your the only one i trust with my kids,so i said fine but as soon as you get back in the morning you bring your tail over here to get these kids because i have something to do and this was supposed to be my weekend of being kid free"

soo her two kids come in my house i lay three year old who is already sleep down on the couch and give her a blanket and then the 10 year old is already woke and she says"you know my momma aint coming back right?she went to Club Heat for my aunties birthday,she says"Its not even a emergency,my momma always tell lies just like she told my grandma she don't smoke anymore

wtf!!!its a really bad thing when even your kids know that your full of crap!! my mother told me that since my husband died and im still grieving that people were going to try to take advantage of me and use me and to just keep my guard up from them kid of people i didn't really believe her at first but now i know exactly what shes talking about>:o!

LABELmeCUTE

Asked by LABELmeCUTE at 3:42 AM on Mar. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• What is the best thing for the children, here?

Do you know how many women would just leave them sleeping, alone?
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:46 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• that woman is on very heavy drugs. you need to call dss. i feel awful for those kids.
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 3:46 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• @LindaClement i understand that but she has to understand that i am NOT her build in baby sitter i wouldnt mind doing it sometimes

i help this woman alot i pick her kids up from the bus stop i watch after them until she gets home on the weekdays and thats at like:10:00 At night by 10pm my girls are bathed,fed,homework is done,school clothes for the next day are layed out and they are sleep
    LABELmeCUTE

Comment by LABELmeCUTE (original poster) at 3:50 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• You know what hun, when you are a kind and generous person, people will take advantage of you, but don't stop being you because of it . Don't allow selfish people to make you bitter and resentful. Those kids are probably lucky they were left with you, apparently she was determined to go out and who knows where she might have left them. Maybe you can have some kind of positive influence on those kids since obviously their mother is not.
    MoneyGirl-Mom

Answer by MoneyGirl-Mom at 3:58 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I'd call the club and have her paged. Tell her she needs to come get her kids your done with her bullshit and she better freaken pay you for wasting your time she needs to be a parent. That theres a lot of time you would like to go out to but your a PARENT and stay home with your kids. Or call CPS or her ass if shes doing drugs going out to clubs at all hours and dragging her kids out of the house to be left until morning lying where shes at, thats not a good environment for those kids ask if someone can be there in the morning when she comes to get them.. if she does.
    letlovegrow2524

Answer by letlovegrow2524 at 4:07 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I wouldn't call CPS yet...but I would definitely sit her down when she comes back to get the kids, tell her you know what's going on and let her know that while you don't mind helping her out when she truly needs it, you are not there just to watch her kids whenever she wants. Let her know also that if she can not get herself together and she puts those kids in any kind of danger, you will be the one to call CPS on her. And tell the older child that if their mother EVER leaves them home alone, she is to get her sister and come straight to your house because if you are telling her you aren't available whenever she wants, she could leave them home alone. I know this from experience, even though I TOLD my friend that if she ever felt like she needed to get out, to leave her baby with me no matter how long. Her baby girl was 2 years old, she left her home alone all night long (we didn't know til the cops called us
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:37 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• the next morning and asked us if we knew where the mom was because the baby was peeking out the curtains and they had been watching the house for over 30 minutes with no sign of mom). she went out to party and left her daughter at home. Her husband was deployed and she had gone out and done drugs and spent the night with some other guys. CPS was called, we got temporary custody of the baby while they brought her dad back, and she lost all visitation for a while. I tell you that story because even when you least expect it, a mom can leave her kids at home without a second thought for their safety and that oldest child needs to know that she can come to you at any time for anything that is concerning her. Be there for the kids but let the mom know you are not going to put up with her using you or putting the kids in danger. Good luck
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:40 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Call CPS on her. The kids would be better off. Or see if the daughter knows grandmas phone #. And call her about this.

Answer by louise2 at 6:53 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Do the children know the phone number for Grandma?
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 7:40 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Honestly call CPS b/c her child will obviously tell them the truth! Good Luck!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 8:24 AM on Mar. 27, 2011