6 months pregnant and dont look pregnant at all, should i be worried?

I am 6 months today, and dont look pregnant at all! I had sever morning sickness, and lost weight in the begining of my pregnancy, but now i have gained 20 pounds and still dont look pregnant. I also have placenta previa. Should i be worried? my baby is growing and measuring normaly.

SaraStroup

Asked by SaraStroup at 3:42 AM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• What on earth does 'how you look' enter into it?

If your doctor/midwife is fine with how the baby's growing, you're fine. Or your healthcare professional is an idiot. It's probably worth asking about, but nothing on the planet is worth worrying about... so, no, you should not be worried.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:45 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• they actually have a show about women who never got big and didn't know they were pregnant until they went into labor. the babies came out healthy so you shouldn't worry about it.
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 3:48 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Some people carry the baby under their ribs and never look pregnant at all. It doesn't matter how pregnant you look or how much weight you gain as long as the baby is growing normally. If your doctor is not concerned, you shouldn't be either. But welcome to motherhood. You will be worring about that child for the rest of your life.
    MoneyGirl-Mom

Answer by MoneyGirl-Mom at 3:49 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Previa is a concern, showing isn't~
    When were you diagnosed?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:54 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Only a small percentage of women who have a low-lying placenta or previa detected on an ultrasound before 20 weeks still have it when they deliver their baby. A placenta that completely covers the cervix is more likely to stay that way than one that's bordering it (marginal) or nearby (low-lying). Overall, placenta previa is present in up to 1 in 200 deliveries.
    doulala

• I was 19 weeks when i was diagnosed with low laying placent previa, and it is still a concern. my doctor said that at my next ultrasound (2nd week in april) if it is still low lying then she is sending me to another doctor
    SaraStroup

Comment by SaraStroup (original poster) at 4:03 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• yes, completely normal for you to not be showing (as long as your doctor isn't concerned about that). with my first daughter i didn't show until around 6 months, and then i had a teeny tiny baby bump all the way up until i delivered. i remember being full-term and this fellow pregger at the doctor's office not believing me lol! she just ended up being a petite baby, 6.9 lbs 19 inches.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:38 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I am seven months pregnant and just started showing a couple of weeks ago.
    LillyMommy

Answer by LillyMommy at 6:43 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• If you're dr. isn't concerned about how much you are (not) showing- you don't need to stress about it either! Everybody carries differently.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 8:54 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• With my first I did not start showing till almost 7 months. Dont worry. If your doc says everything is fine then it is :)
    elffyefli

Answer by elffyefli at 9:37 AM on Mar. 27, 2011