What do you do to deal with heavy periods? adult content

I've been having a terrible period for just over a week now, it's really heavy and painful. I feel so weak! I don't normally bleed for this amount of time, or this heavily. I think it's down to the stress of moving house, a lot went wrong!!!

LaraHappyMummy

Asked by LaraHappyMummy at 6:16 AM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Health

• it could be stress. we're moving also (today actually) and even though im not on my period, i just got off of it about a week ago and for the past couple of days ive been having some pain in that area. a little cramping and odd sensations. for me it has to be the stress of moving and everything else going on, my husband got laid off friday. its just been a terrible couple of weeks. as long as you aren't soaking 2 pads within an hour, and the pain is tolerable, you're probably fine. you could call the doctor though if you're concerned.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:36 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• For me every period is heavy and painful, I have endometriosis. I just take a pain pill and move on:(
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 8:06 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I agree with tnm786, I went to the doctor as I was completely burned out from heavy periods that had just started during a stressful period. She asked if I'd be interested in the contraceptive pill to regulate them and perhaps reduce the flow but otherwise providing I wasn't soaking a maxi pad more than every hour that it wasn't damaging my health. I opted not for the birth control pills and after about a few months they eased off, they're still a lot heavier than they were before but they're manageable now.
    kayalouise

Answer by kayalouise at 6:49 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• You need to go back to your doctor to see if everything is ok.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 6:22 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• im with the others even though there a pain get some good advice from the dr, im on a bc that helps mine cause i used to get really bad ones, and pamprin helps me and now i think there is excedrin for pms, or pmdd,i hate dealing with it,but its something we go through.blah. lol.i used to wonder if i had that and an er dr said i had some type of health problem that caused mine to be so painful i forgot what its called. i was cramping really bad and was afraid i was miscarring again.so drs come in handy along w the nurseline sorry if that was tmi just i know it makes me feel better when i realize im not alone in it. :) ud be surprised what your local pharmacy could do for u too. good luck i hope they ease up in the future.xos.
    luckygirl2000

Answer by luckygirl2000 at 8:57 AM on Mar. 27, 2011