Does your family eat fruit and veggies?

How does your family eat fruit and veggies? I always try to buy fresh when I can, but sometimes it's just not as convient. A few weeks ago I went and bought a bunch of small bowls with lids and fresh fruit. I started peeling and cutting it all up and portioning it. Now I can't keep fruit in the house!! Last week dh, dd and I ate a whole pineapple, four oranges, five pears, six peaches, a bag of grapes, and a container of strawberries! I bought some extra veggies this week and I'm going to try with veggies too.

jedwards2009

Asked by jedwards2009 at 8:44 AM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Food & Drink

• We eat fresh fruit everyday. Mostly frozen veggies. Kids love fruit and the only thing they don't eat are fuzzy peaches unless I peel the skin. This morning with breakfast they had freshly cut pineapple, peaches, blackberries.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:46 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Every we eat is fresh. My kids wont eat anything but fresh fruit and veggies. I have tried but they wont even try canned or anything like that. Our grocery bill is alot higher because of that lol.

Answer by gemgem at 8:47 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• fruit doesn't last long in my house veggies are harder but my 3 yr old just started eating salad with me she likes to dip each piece of lettuce in ranch dressing
    CrazyMommy87

Answer by CrazyMommy87 at 8:48 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Funny you should ask I'm eating strawberries right now. I like to buy frozen veggies so more so than fresh. As for fruit I buy fresh.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 8:57 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• We always have a large supply of fresh fruit on hand. We do frozen veggies.
    elffyefli

Answer by elffyefli at 9:31 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Yes! Ibuy farmersmarket fresh and when it is not in season I buy fresh from the supermarket! we eat allot of salad and fruit and veggie dips!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:40 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I try to eat fresh fruit & veggies daily but they are so expensive. When I can't afford the fresh foods, I get frozen berries.
    Alexias30

Answer by Alexias30 at 10:10 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• We love fresh fruits (and canned fruits). I go to the grocery store once a week, so typically the first half of the week we have fresh fruit with meals (strawberries, pineapple, watermelon when it's in season, grapes, etc.) and by the end of the week, we have more canned fruits. Bananas and apples normally last until the end of the week and we eat those with lunch or for snacks. As for veggies, we eat a lot of canned green beans and corn and frozen broccoli. And by we, I mean my dd and I (hubby is difficult). We (including hubby) eat a lot of fresh, raw carrots, peppers, celery, cucumber and lettuces. I also cook more fresh veggies at the beginning of the week too, DD and I like green beans, asparagus, and zucchini really well. We eat more fresh fruits and veggies in the summer too, of course.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 6:50 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Well with a daughter that is vegetarian we eat tons of fresh fruit and veggies...along with frozen fruit and veggies.
    terep001

Answer by terep001 at 3:57 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• yep we love them:)
    DawnLauren

Answer by DawnLauren at 5:34 PM on Mar. 31, 2011