How did you announce your pregnancy to your family?

tspillane

Asked by tspillane at 9:20 AM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• #1 I was 17 and scared. I went to my moms wedding 6 mths pregnant and said surprise
    #2 & 3 I just called and told them
    #4 I called and told them and he was 6 yrs after #3 they were all excited
    #5 I emailed my mom lol! My mil found out though we sat down and had a meeting. I told them we were having #5

Answer by gemgem at 9:22 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I told my sister after I took the test. But my mom didn't find out til 2 weeks until my due datee. But, I had twins :O
    GraciesMommy464

Answer by GraciesMommy464 at 9:23 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• My first pregnancy, i was in graduate school, so i called her on the phone and told her, but boy was i nervous. With my second child, I also just called her on the phone. It was so bad the second time around.
    asap1908

Answer by asap1908 at 10:01 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• We took my parents out to eat at their favorite Chinese restaurant and after dinner I had the waitress bring them the special fortune cookies that I prepared with the fortune that said "A grandchild is in your future!" They were so excited!

Of course, my in laws were supposed to be with us but they decided at the last minute that they didn't want to go to a Chinese restaurant they wanted to eat at a "regular" restaurant. So, the next day we took them to Cracker Barrel and gave them the fortune cookies there. They have always been a pain like that.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 10:02 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I just called them =)
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 10:38 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• With my first I wrapped a new burp rag and receiving blanket and gave it to my Mom as a present. She opened it looks at it pulls it out, and asks me "what's this supposed to be for?" I say back, What else would you need a burp rag and baby receiving blanket for Mom?" She was SOO happy she cried.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:38 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I had my 3 year old wear a shirt to a family get together that said "I'm going to be a big brother"
    Sillieguze

Answer by Sillieguze at 10:06 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• i just told them
    asil

Answer by asil at 12:22 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• They gave me a sonogram picture so I just gave it to my mom and didn't say anything and she was so happy
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 9:33 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• w/ my 1st pregnancy we just called everyone right away and told them. The 2nd time we had our daughter wear a shirt that said "big sister" & we took a picture of it and mailed it to all of our family members so then when they got it they called and told us how excited they were.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 6:31 PM on Mar. 29, 2011