Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

5 Bumps

What do you do if you witness an abuse situations and...

It is your husbands best friend abusing his son?


Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Parenting Debate

This question is closed.
Answers (26)
  • I would confront my DH and then together confront the friedn and tell him the issue and let him know to either stop or you will call CPS!

    Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:48 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

  • Call the police AND child protective services right away! How will you feel if you overlook it then something terrible happens to the child? Don't worry about your husband or his friend, be a voice for that child!

    Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 9:50 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

  • I'm just wondering what you mean by abuse? The reason I ask is because peoples perception of abuse is, a lot of times different.


    Answer by anichols1 at 9:34 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

  • If I saw him abusing him in front of me Id step out and call the police so they could catch him red handed. I would also do what I could to document the abuse (take a photo etc). I would also tell cps. I have no friends that abuse kids, neither does my husband. You see if they abuse a child they are no longer my friend and I have no loyalty to them.

    Answer by gemgem at 9:34 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

  • And you waited this long to do something? Why or how could you even hesitate to call the authorities at once? What if that was your child? Would you want someone to come here & ask "what would you do?", or would you want them to call the cops & CPS? Was your husband present when this happend too? Jesus, my husband & I both would have stopped that father in his tracks! If you dont report that poor excuse for a father, he is going to continue to HURT that child, & th enext time could be worse. Do you want there to be a next time? Or do you want it stopped now? I dont give a damn who it is!! If I see someone hitting a child like that I will intervene immediately!!

    Answer by RubyinPA at 10:09 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

  • I wouldn't give a damn who it was, I'd call the police and tell them exactly what I had witnessed/heard.


    Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:34 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

  • Then you shouldnt have kept it shut. I would have gotten the child and went straight to the cops.Thats terrible.

    Answer by gemgem at 9:38 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

  • call child protective services....

    Answer by zperez0809 at 9:32 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

  • I would have my husband warn him,then if that did not work I would file a complaint.

    Answer by dancer at 9:33 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

  • I will tell think of thr child...what if that was someone abusing your child u will want someone to tell too..

    Answer by smiley745 at 9:33 AM on Mar. 27, 2011