im still confused...

he gives me plenty attention i just like doing it... im talking to this guy from canada and he found out and hes asked me to stop, but i just like talking to him.... hes noticed that and he might shut my phone off so we can get closer again... i am young... and i havent been doing a great parenting job... i kicked him out and he is in Cali so it makes things easier with me and these boys. He currently has our daughter and he calls me telling me to talk to our daughter, but i dont want to... he tells me im not being the best mom i can be and keeps asking me what im doing with me life. i feel that since he and our daughter are 700 miles away i get some free time. and i honestly dont know what im doing with my life i really dont... maybe im living for now idk.

adalyns_mama

Asked by adalyns_mama at 9:51 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Relationships

• You really are being a sucky mom. If you don't want your kids then you don't deserve the man who fathered them.
    Anonymous

• I think you should talk to your daughter. You wont have to talk to him. I have two children and dad ignores, and I just hate it. Regardless of your child being 700 miles away, she is still your daughter.
    lilmizmoore

Answer by lilmizmoore at 9:57 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Your too lazy to TALK to your daughter? It's not like that is a major mommy job or anything. I don't care how young you are. I'm 18 and my baby is with me 24/7. If you had her you need to participate in her life.
    Anonymous

• seriously... you need to be in your daughter's life. Have you been diagnosed with Postpartum Depression? If not, you should ask your doctor about it...
    jluvskija

Answer by jluvskija at 10:02 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I just want to add that the more I thought about this question the angrier I got. When you had children, you signed over your free time for life. That meant that even if your child is across the country, YOU make the effort to talk to your daughter. If you are too busy then quite frankly, perhaps birth control should have become part of your life.

So here is this guy who is taking care of your daughter. He calls you and wants you to talk to her and you refuse? What do you think he had to tell her? "Oh, mommy does not want to talk to you!" Sure, that will build up the kid's self esteem.

Im not a judgmental person, but you really need to get your priorities straightened out. I agree with your ex, you are NOT being the best mom you can be. Get some professional help.
    lilmizmoore

Answer by lilmizmoore at 10:04 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I'm 21, had my daughter at 20. That's still pretty young. I'm a single mom and her father wants nex to nothing to do with her. I take care of my daughter 24/7. And you dont want to TALK to her?! You don't deserve to be a mom right now. You need some serious help. Being a young mom is no excuse. Do you know how I celebrated my 21st birthday?! Hanging out at home with my daughter! I had 2 drinks AT HOME after she went to bed. AND I DIDN'T WHINE ABOUT NOT BEING ABLE TO GO TO THE BAR AND BE "YOUNG". My birthday was WONDERFUL because i had my daughter with me. People like you make me so angry.
    Pudge_Pie20

Answer by Pudge_Pie20 at 10:13 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Listen... the fact that you are agonizing over this shows that you know something is wrong. So get to the root of it!! Your daughter needs you in her life. It doesn't matter how young you are.... you're a mother and your daughter should be your #1 priority!! Please..... see a professional to get your head straight. Being a parent is NEVER easy, but it can be the most wonderful feeling in the world! Especially if you know you are doing what you can to be a good parent! Call your baby and tell her you love her. Don't make her feel like you've abandoned her. And don't worry about guys. There is plenty of time for that. Good luck! And be a good mama!!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 11:14 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• you should be ashamed.
    you are immature...ungrateful and you are hurting your daughter.
    i do not care what your childhood was like, or what your situation is..your chils should be priority number one...and because of YOU she will grow up with issues and be hurt inside and no matter what he does, he can not make up for you.
    grow the fuck up, your pathetic and a disgrace to mothers. i have no sympathy for people like you. you are breaking the heart of an innocent lil girl and you are worried about your lil boyfriends and having "freedom"
    i would spit on you in person...and that is the least of what i would want to do.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 12:06 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• " maybe im living for now idk."
    the love of a child...that look on their face..its ilving that you will NEVER know unless you are in it.
    is it easy being a young mom....no.........but i know plenty of teen moms who are very loving and do all that they can for their babies....simply put...and i am very blunt..i dont bullshit......you opened your legs....you fucked him....you made that lil girl.......andyou know what you go ti nreturn for it? the greatest gift i nthe world...you were blessed with a love and with something you have no idea how wonderful it can be.....you will not only damage her...you will lose out on so much.
    your in a bad spot hunny an di dnot sympathize with you in the slightest......but you can come back from this.ay.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 12:25 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• you can satnd up and say, im going to be a good mother and a good person, im going to work towards a good financial career for her, im going to talk to her, see her...move to her location if they can tmove to me...and im going to put forth 100 percent every d
    moki1984