Is it to early for braxton hicks...?

I'm only five and a half months pregnant but there's been several times already where it feels like i'm having contractions, or back labor. And i know it's not preterm labor because it goes away normally within an hour of starting, but i was wondering if it's braxton hicks or do you think it's something i should be worried about. I never really had any issues like this during my first pregnancy so this is kinda taken me by surprise.

FinleyFirst

Asked by FinleyFirst at 9:51 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It could be Braxton Hicks, but I would still call your doctor if I were you. Every pregnancy is different, even with the same mom.
    jluvskija

Answer by jluvskija at 9:53 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I started noticing BH before I was even 20 weeks along.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 9:54 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Braxton Hicks contractions | BabyCenter

How to recognize these painless uterine contractions that happen throughout pregnancy.
    www.babycenter.com/0_braxton-hicks-contractions_156.bc
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:59 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• 20 weeks is "normal or average" ( to feel Braxton Hicks contractions)---If you are concerned or worried---call your doctor--thats what you pay them for!
    Every pregnancy is different---the best advice is always---call the doctor!!! If you have to wait for the doctor to call you back---lay on your left side while you are waiting! Good Luck!
    kgcmomma

Answer by kgcmomma at 11:27 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• If this is not your first pregnancy than you are probably more sensitive to them. No it's not too early. Practice makes perfect. I will sit and relax when I start having them.
    ConnorsMommy521

Answer by ConnorsMommy521 at 12:23 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• the second child your are more apt to get them try a warm water bottle and see if that helps also keep an eye on discharge it could be a kidney or bladder infection.
    Theoneandonly

Answer by Theoneandonly at 4:06 AM on Nov. 27, 2008