Has anyone had a cerclage?

I am scheduled to have one tomorrow because of going into early labor with my daughter. I am beginning to be very afraid, and rethinking if I should have it done. I am just wondering if you can feel it, how bad it hurts, and if anyone experienced any of the risks they tell you, such as: bleeding, miscarriage, preterm labor, loss of baby, infections, etc. Thanks!!

ajfoster88

Asked by ajfoster88 at 10:33 AM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I have had 2,one with my dd and one with the twins(was just placed at 12 weeks)Its a minor procedure and depending on your doctor and how they do things you may get an epidural or a spinal,the procedure(at least mine)only lasts 15 minutes.They observe you until you pee,eat and are able to walk and then you can go home.Take it easy for a few days after the procedure.I carried my dd to 36 weeks,Im sure I will have the twins early as twins rarely make it full term....
    FitMom9603

Answer by FitMom9603 at 5:09 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Yes...I have had two. I carried them to term and had no complications. You cannot really feel it and the procedure is not a big deal.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 10:35 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Never had to have one but good luck!
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 10:36 AM on Mar. 27, 2011