So, for those of you who feel that Christians are brain-washed...

...is it just Christians or is it everyone who believes in some sort of Intelligent Design?

I'm just curious. :)

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 10:34 AM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Religious Debate

• Haha, but not even all Christians believe in "Intelligent Design", at least as it is scientifically explained or understood. ;)

I'm sure there is a small percentage of believers - of any faith - who believe merely because they're following what they were raised to do, without any real thought put into it for themselves. Bust most of us do and have taken the time to really reflect on what seems the most reasonable to us, to consider the various different ways of thought, etc. Its ridiculous to assume that *all* who believe have been brainwashed or are somehow less competent than those who don't believe. Though I recognize, thankfully, that not all Atheists believe we're brainwashed. There are many who are able to recognize that we just come to a different conclusion based on the same available information. Its about perception, not intelligence or ability to rationalize, and I'm glad to know that most understand that. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:58 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• That makes sense Butterflyblue, and I agree. I feel that we should all be open-minded. If someone is afraid to question their beliefs, I feel that they aren't that strong to begin with.

I'm honestly not trying to start drama with this post. I believe in God, though I'm not a Christian. While I've never had anyone on here call me brain-washed personally, I'm curious whether or not some of them believe I am.
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 10:45 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• oh here we go...i hope this was s genuine question. I feel it is more any religion that assumes they are the only way, the right way and the truth "

What do you mean, "oh here we go"? Yes, it was a genuine question, so please don't assume otherwise before you know for sure. I don't post things to start drama. I'm not a troll. I'm genuinely curious as to how I'm viewed.
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 11:05 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Haha, but not even all Christians believe in "Intelligent Design", at least as it is scientifically explained or understood. ;)"

I know. I more meant a Creator of some sort.
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 11:06 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• There are certain topics that a LOT of Christians are willfully stubborn about. There's a difference between church doctrine and what the Bible actually says in some cases, but it doesn't matter how much proof you put forth, they will spout the doctrine. In these cases, I wonder what the disconnect is....why it's not okay to question the church and hold them accountable to be accurate.

These discussions often dissolve into arguments and insults, and never go anywhere.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:26 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Did I say you were a troll? I answered your question so move on. I wasn't even being rude about it.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 11:30 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Yea, you were kinda rude about it, actually. I'm just going to close this as I can see that some people will make it into something it wasn't meant to be.
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 11:35 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I had a legitimate question, but Heaven forbid you ask something on Cafemom without it being misinterpreted or it starting a fight.
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 11:36 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I feel it just for the ones who refuses to think "outside the box" so to speak. If you are adamant about not changing anything you believe or do because the bible says not to,then i feel in a way,you are brain washed

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:37 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• oh here we go...i hope this was s genuine question. I feel it is more any religion that assumes they are the only way, the right way and the truth
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 10:56 AM on Mar. 27, 2011