17 and topless

My friend let her 17 year old daughter do modeling. I question not only the integrety of the Photograper but also the parents. He said if the daughter wants to be a model, she will have to take her top off and let hem measure her chest. He claims that all models have to do this. It sounds to me like he is a pervert and pediphile. Also, I think something is wrong with my friend to allow this creep to talk her into it. To me, the parents are no better than the photographer. Something just doesnt sound right to me. He did get her picture in a local community magazine. But, she had to go out and buy the 300 dollar dress she was to model. He told them to go buy it, he will take the picture and then they can take the dress back. I think this is absurd. I have kept my opinions to myself as it their business but, I dont want my 16 yr old daughter getting any ideas.

Babs151

Asked by Babs151 at 10:49 AM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• I think thats mild kiddie porn. Thats the bottom line. My daughter will make those choices when shes old enough. like 25 or so.
    hotchocolatema1

Answer by hotchocolatema1 at 10:51 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• yep,total perv situation

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:51 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I think that everyone does what they think is best. I understand this is something you don't want your DD getting into so I would be honest with your DD and tell her the truth. As far as your friend goes, I know there are many girls that get taken advantage of in this industry and you do have to be careful. As a parent you do have to look out for your children, although if she was in her bra and he was measuring her that way, then maybe it is okay, at least for them it was.

I guess you could voice your concerns to them although they are going to do what they want.  So as I said just talk to your DD and let her know why you don't want her doing this.

Good Luck!

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 10:53 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I'd talk to your daughter about it and let her know that it is not something you support
    CrazyMommy87

Answer by CrazyMommy87 at 10:53 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Lots of red flags...first...why the hell does the photographer need to know her bust measurement to take pictures of her in a dress. Wouldn't that be the job of the dress shop who would be fitting her for the dress responsibility, if anyone's?! And if she was being hired for a modeling position, why would she have to buy the dress...and who the hell returns it after wearing it for photos. I could see if the dress was on lend from the shop and they knew it was just for a photo, which they do for the publicity, but to be shady like that?

Yeah...pervert.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:57 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I'd report the photographer to the police.
    Go to Victoria Secret and asked to have your chest measured...you won't be asked to go topless.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 11:01 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Thanks to all! I thought the same thing about the dress. If she is modeling a certain dress, I would think it is for advertising purposes. The dress maker or store should provide it for free. I think it was for his own self promoting. My friend has a lot of money and he found someone to pay. Total scam. If I knew or find out this guys name i will turn him in. I really question my friend for allowing this. And, what is wrong with the father. My husband would never had allowed this.
    Babs151

Comment by Babs151 (original poster) at 11:02 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• perv..
    real models dont pay for anything! THEY GET PAID!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:04 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Call the magazine that was in and ask for the photographer's name if it isn't in the article or ad.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 11:22 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Starting a modeling career does cost money sorry to say. I think that he could be a perv but on the other hand, he could be credible. Tell your friend to have her daughter measured in private like she's being fit for a bra so preferably in a bra shop and take him the measurements. If that doesn't suffice then he's definitely a perv. Also she shouldn't ever leave him alone with her for photo shoots or anything like that because if he's truly a snake, he'll grow balls and try something. Modeling is hard as a teen because you don't know who's real and who's a perv. Honestly, she may just want to wait until her daughter is 18 because then it wouldn't be as controversial.
    cjordan86

Answer by cjordan86 at 11:50 AM on Mar. 27, 2011