Do you tend to get depressed over the holidays?

I always start getting anxious and depressed after Halloween and I feel better after New Years is over. I know it's because I have such a screwed up family, meaning my siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins. I try to make the best of it for my husband and kids but they can always tell no matter how much I try to hide it.

This year, I was even thinking about starting an anti-depressant so it dosen't get too bad. How do you handle it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Health

• visit your relatives do it in small groups and for shorter times and see it that helps also don't mix alcohol with family it makes it worse people get more stupid and that might be some of your problems. If family drinks a little to much things are said and problems happen.
    Theoneandonly

Answer by Theoneandonly at 3:54 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I just keep going. I've never medicated eventually the cloud goes away. I feel down when the holidays are over, its sad to see the family all leave and to go back to work.
    Anonymous

• If we have to go to the family's for the holidays ,it's a 2 5th's minimum. Yes we drink to ddeal with them. Mostly we just DONT go spend the holidays with them. The stress, and fighting and petty griping is too much for us to deal with.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:55 PM on Nov. 26, 2008