The stupid things people say...

Anyone got that idiot in their life who won't quit when it comes to being wrong in the most stupidest of ways?

Like, a friend of mine tried to tell me that the Titanic was never built, never sailed, never sank, and that it was just a film...

LOL.

LaraHappyMummy

Asked by LaraHappyMummy at 10:57 AM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Years ago when I was teaching WWII to 11th graders, one boy stood up and said that I was spreading the lies that the government wanted me to spread. He said that his father told him that the holocaust never happened and it was just a government conspiracy to help the jews.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 11:12 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• LOL @ your friend! Sadly my husband can be that way. He can be very insistent on things I know arent true. I usually let him think he is right and that way when confronted with evidence to the contrary he has to admit he is wrong.

Answer by gemgem at 11:02 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Yep, somebody who told me Japan was lying about their nuclear disaster to get money off us. Lord they make me want to smack them.
    kayalouise

Answer by kayalouise at 11:03 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Wow! Your friend sure is something else I'll tell ya that much
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 10:59 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• or that man never really did land on the moon and it is just a hoax
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:03 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• LOL! I have a friend that is just really "ditzy" so she doesn't come up with conspiracy theories, but she has been known to tell us such gems as "If all Latin men look like that, let's go to Latin tonight" or "When I was playing spin the bottle with my cousin...wait...I don't think it was spin the bottle...what is spin the bottle?" LOL She also carried out a full conversation about who "Uncle Sam" was...he was "born on the 4th of July" and "lives in the White House...or at least he did."

Her mother is a teacher and will listen to her talk like this and think "my god where did I go wrong here?!" LOL
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:58 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Yeah he's... Erm... Special. LOL.
    LaraHappyMummy

Comment by LaraHappyMummy (original poster) at 11:03 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• That's funny!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:05 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• My mom is the opposite. She thinks everything she sees in movies really happened! She'll swear up and down that she remembers seeing it on the news and now they made a movie about it.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:11 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• My father in law is like this, love him to death, but if it was in the newspapers, on the news, or Internet, it has to be true.... Things like gas spiking to $10 a gallon by may, or that electric cars are a big hoax.... No matter what we say, or how we say it, we are wrong bc his friend saw it on online...
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:44 AM on Mar. 27, 2011