When did you move your little ones into a bed?

How did naptime go?

ladylooloo

Asked by ladylooloo at 11:02 AM on Mar. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• I moved mine between 2 1/2 and 3. I think they were done napping.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:04 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• My oldest is 4 and middle DD is 2 1/2, they both stopped napping around 2 yrs old so thats about when we swithed to toddler/twin beds. Sometimes my 2 1/2 yr old might take a nap but she usually just naps on the couch during the day.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 11:08 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• My oldest at 2.5 years ( he loved his crib!) and my youngest at 19 months because he kept climbing out of the crib. He never gave me a problem staying in it for naps. They both gave up their naps at age 2
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 11:11 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• between 2 and 3 and I always read them a book at naptime to the girls and my son was done with naps at 17 months and would just sleep 12 hours at night
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:19 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• My daughter is 2 1/2 and we are in the process of moving her into her big girl bed. :) she loves it!! I have been starting out by sleeping on the floor next to her, so she doesn't get scared. Little harder for us I guess b/c we have always co-slept. She is really enjoying it. she has always napped on the couch.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:20 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• my oldest was about 18 months, my daughter was 11 months, my youngest was 12 months - my oldest taught my other ones to climb out!!! nap time was hard somedays, i would have to stay in there with them until they fell alseep. my youngest stopped naps at 18 months. my daughter loved naps :) most days it was easier to let her fall asleep on the couch then move her!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 11:20 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• When she was 18 months old and tall enough to crawl out of her crib on the lowest setting, She was already giving up naps so the struggle remained.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 11:26 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• DS was 18 months. He was just moved to a cot at the daycare I worked at and a family member gave us a car shaped toddler bed. He had hardtime staying on the cot and I wish I would have waited a little longer but I thought I didn't have a choice but anyways. He loved his bed.At first he would get up because he knew he could. That only lasted about a week. Just had to keep putting him in there.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 11:37 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Both kids were about 15 months, they went into a twin bed. The toddler bed is a waste of time and money IMO. Nap time went fine, sometimes I would lay down for a few minutes. They stopped napping about 2 1/2
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 11:49 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I co-slept until I moved them into a bed. My first was about 2 1/2 and my second was about 1 1/2. At nap time, they come into my room and we take a nap together, so it hasn't been hard at all.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:54 AM on Mar. 27, 2011