My hair is two different colors!

So I tried to dye my brown hair platinum blonde and the top-my roots turned out to be a ugly yellow/orange color and the bottom turned out to be blonde. I hate it, so I went out and bought a bottle of medium ash blonde foam hair dye and I was wondering if anyone knows how I can make it all the same color? Should I dye the yellow/orange first and then put the dye on the rest of it, or should I do the opposite, or should I just put the dye all over it? Please help!

urbuttacup88

Asked by urbuttacup88 at 11:18 AM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I am going to be a rebel here - i also dye my hair at home - have light brown hair and light blonde is more my style -- -buy JOHN FREDA hair foam. put it all over and leave it on for at least 45 minutes - it costs about 12 -14 at walmart and target and so worth the extra money. good luck - HOME HAIRCOLOR CAN BE DONE WELL - dont give up - took me about 2 months to figure out how to do it right. you do need some mirrors to be sure you get the back evenly - and the foam application is much nicer and eaiser and less stinky! and if you dont want red - "ash" is the tone you HAVE to get or you might have red undertones like me that come out when you lighten.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 1:02 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Okay stop stop stop!!!! I am a hairstylist, and do NOT put anything else on your hair unless it back to brown, and I would even be careful with that, you need to call a cosmo school first thing in the AM and ask for a color correction, the more you do, the more damage you are going to cause, it is kind of complicated to explain, but you need a filler color, or if you still want platinum, you can have them bleach it, pleas don't do anything else, or you going to have a chemical haircut!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:21 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• STOP! Seek professional help from a salon. If you keep adding dye,its gonna be a giant,multi-colored,dry,mess!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:19 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I agree with butterfly. Stop now and go to a salon.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 11:21 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Yeah, if you put that ash color on your blonde hair it's going to turn a lovely greenish color. You need to put red back into your color before you start adding green...it's all about chemistry and color theory. if you don't know both you should never try color correction. Get help.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 11:39 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I agree with everyone. I have been a hairstylist for 16 years. If you continue at home, you will continue to get a disaster after another! In the long run, it will be cheaper to get professional help and it will save your hair, you're going to end up with no elasticity in your hair, it's going to feel like over-cooked pasta and with every shade in the rainbow
    joanie70

Answer by joanie70 at 11:48 AM on Mar. 27, 2011