Yellow Discharge

Almost 26 Weeks and I have yellow discharge.
Going to ask my doctor about it when I see her but I'm just wondering if anybody else has experience it and what it is?

jessiskinner200

Asked by jessiskinner200 at 11:19 AM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• After my first, mine has always had a yellowish tinge to it, and they checked me for everything, but nothing is wrong. No smell, no itch, no other symptoms, etc...just the change in color.

However, I think my deal is rare...I would be concerned about some sort of bacterial infection? Do you have any other symptoms or just the change in color?
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:51 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• could be a yeast infection or bacterial vaginosis. BV is usually pretty smelly. Discharge is pretty normal for a pregnancy however if it has changed in color, smell, or amount you should call your doctor. If you are having other symptoms with the discharge id call him as soon as you can.
    amanda1503

Answer by amanda1503 at 12:13 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Well after intercourse it's a thick white discharge which makes me think it's a yeast infection. Sometimes though it comes out with a yellow tint to it... It doesn't really have a foul smell to it. In the beginning of my pregnancy I had implantation bleeding and didn't know what it was so I went to the hospital and they said it was just implantation but it did look like I had bacterial vaginosis. So my o.b. did some cultures and I tested negative for bacterial vaginosis. So I don't know what this could be to be honest...
    jessiskinner200

Comment by jessiskinner200 (original poster) at 2:40 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Not to be gross...but are you sure the discharge is "you" and not "him" coming out? Sorry to be graphic, but I am not too far ahead of you, pregnancy wise, I am 31 weeks, and things are so swollen down there and puffy from the extra blood that sometimes his swimmers do not come out right away. Sometimes not even until the next day. And the thickness of it can be partially determined by whether or not he is hydrated.

If it doesn't smell or bother you, I wouldn't worry too much just yet. Bring it up with the doctor, and I am sure they will test you for something, but chances are if it is something, it will be fairly easy to treat.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 4:27 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Good point but "his" stuff is usually white though. I don't see how it could be yellow?
    jessiskinner200

Comment by jessiskinner200 (original poster) at 5:28 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• i wouls say infection
    asil

Answer by asil at 12:21 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I went to the doctor, turns out it was just a yeast infection.
    jessiskinner200

Comment by jessiskinner200 (original poster) at 2:09 PM on Mar. 28, 2011