Constipation.....

What can i take to help my system out... I think its because of all the iron in my pre natal pills...i cant go to the bathroom....it is causeing my stomach to hurt badly...any advice

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

• citrucel..and it is the iron. Have an orange with you vitamin, the vitamin C aids in absorbtion of iron. You can try prune juice but I couldn't stomach it. Remember to drink more water.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 10:12 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Dark stool means your not absorbing the iron.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 10:13 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Colace is safe in pregnancy. Sugar free jelly beans can help also they have sorbitol in them as a sweetner.
    wilcoxamanda

Answer by wilcoxamanda at 10:23 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Drink as much fluid as you can...also Metamucil or Citrucel...some kind of fiber drink. Seriously, it will help. Not overnight though, you have to take it every day and it will help you become regular. I had to do that when I was pregnant and it did help.
    Pollymom

Answer by Pollymom at 10:24 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I drink 10 bottles of water a day and it did not help with my constipation. The only thing that worked was Colace.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:34 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• my doctor had me drink miralax and she wanted me to do an enema and i wasnt going to do that.
    mckowntasha

Answer by mckowntasha at 11:32 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• In the morning warm up a cup of water. Let it set until it is "LUKE WARM" tempature then slice & squeeze half a lemon into your cup. Drink this first thing in the morning & before breakfast. It should help you & I would start doing this every morning. This is great natural way for detoxing your body & many other heathy things.
    http://www.energiseforlife.com/wordpress/1002/lemon-water-alkalising-superstar
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 11:38 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• in the morning have a glass of warm prune juice and a glass of water followed by a long walk. I don't trust all that other stuff.
    Theoneandonly

Answer by Theoneandonly at 3:27 AM on Nov. 27, 2008