Kidney stones: help! adult content

kidney stone attack on wednesday early morning. here it is sunday and I haven't passed anything-- in fact, i almost feel 'clogged.' went to ER and was given morphine twice, sent home with OXYcodones. It almost feels like the stone is stuck in the last little part of my urethral duct(?) , and at times its still horribly painful. I have info to follow up with a urologist, and a 'script for FlowMax, something that can help 'stretch'/ relax the duct. With no health insurance, this will already be costing me a fortune.

SO, schedule a Urologist visit or try the FlowMax to see if I can pass it in the next 24/48hrs?

Narakyndryn

Asked by Narakyndryn at 11:38 AM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Health

• I would try the Flow Max today, in case it can help you pass it today. If it does not work, call the urologist in the morning to make an appt.

I hope you feel better soon!
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 11:50 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Sorry, been there gone through that. See the urologist. Stones CAN and DO get to big to pass. Find out what kind of stone's your getting. Mine turned out to be from a lack of vitamin C in my diet.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:28 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Did they tell you if it was small or large? Mine was pretty small but wow that was painful. I went home rested and drank tons of liquids. Withinn I think 12 or so hors it was gone. I also had to follow up but the doc said it was so small he didnt see a need to do anything else. I hope you pass yours soon! If not go to the dr.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 3:50 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• drink lemonade made with real lemon juice. The acid will help break down the stone. The ER should have removed the stone. My sister had it happen. They had to remove the stone & put a shunt in until her tube healed.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:20 PM on Mar. 27, 2011