Can you do to much walking while pregnant?

I am almost 21 weeks. My dues date is Aguest 9th, but we do a lot in the summers and I don't want to not do them because I am to far along. Like we usually go to 2-3 diffrent zoos to take the kids. We hike on trails. We go to fairs. This summer we were thinking of taking the kids to a park to swim as well. I was induced with my first 2 (although this one I am going to wait to see if I go into labor on my own), but I also have healthy pregnancies. So is it ok to do all this stuff and walking this summer if I have healthy pregnancies? I see everywhere saying walking helps you go into labor, but I don't want to go to early lol. But I also don't want to not do this stuff this year.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I did a lot of walking.It's healthy and will helpmake labor easier. I'd say you will be fine unless your doctor say diffrently. justt don't over do it.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 11:45 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Lots of walking is good for you! It can help get labor started - once the baby is ready to come. If the baby is not ready to come, all walking does is keep you in shape and make labor a bit easier for you. Just remember with all that outdoor activity to drink lots and lots of water, and stuff like gatorade/powerade, not soda or juices. Have fun!
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 12:10 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I say it's ok. If you are way worried ask your doctor about it.
    TishAnn752

Answer by TishAnn752 at 11:46 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Unless you are getting A LOT of braxton hicks or you are having issues with the pregnancy you should be just fine. Your doctor should tell you if he doesn't want you to do a lot of walking. :)
    amanda1503

Answer by amanda1503 at 12:11 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I've read that walking is an excellent exercise to do while pregnant. If you're unsure though check with the doctor.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 1:25 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I had my child in August and walked 3-4 miles daily and I live in a VERY hilly area.
    Anonymous

• Walking is awesome. It will not cause preterm labor etc.(special issues set aside) like in everything else... LISTEN to your body... when its tired you stop or slow down.
    And it makes labor so much easier and less painful too.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 2:09 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• i walked as much as i wanted, it's my only exercise while preggers...
    asil

Answer by asil at 12:20 AM on Mar. 28, 2011