Help!!!

My 3 week old baby will not stop screaming her head off!! She really doesnt do this! I think its gas, she is passing gas alot but not having a bowel movement. Ive been burping her on and off for an hour. she only burped once during her last feeding. and I gave her gas drops 20 mins ago. Could I give her that Gripe water within the hour because i am so tempted to go to the store. This is so frustrating!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• MYLICON® Go to any drug store and get this stuff! It is a mirical worker when it comes to stopping Gas and colic symptoms in babies.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:47 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I agree, Mylicon works, it did for my guy sometimes. But its possible that it isn't just gas, b/c if she's screaming she may be swallowing air and that's what is causing the gas... I would look into other possibilities, too.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 11:09 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• She's three weeks old, it happens. It's probably just gas, keep burping her, it will pass. And at this point, she may have just gotten herself so wound up its hard for her to calm down. When my son was a newborn, that happened quite a bit. If anything was wrong and made him cry, even once it was fixed he still couldn't stop crying because he was so wound up. The only thing to calm him down was a bottle even if he just ate, I'd have to make a small bottle to settle him.
    IsaiahsMommy515

Answer by IsaiahsMommy515 at 11:14 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• If you have a boppy pillow (or something equally firm) lay her on her stomach...make sure her head is turned to the side and rub her back to allow the gas to pass more easily. That was the only thing that would soothe my DD at that age. Hope that works. GL
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 12:17 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• We used Mylicon but we also tried Disney's tummy soothers.... you put it in her formula (we only did it at bedtime) and it worked so much better than Mylicon and KEEPING him from getting gassy. we picked it up at the drug store, it's actually cheaper than Mylicon, and it has chamomile and ginseng in it (we use chamomile tea for our older kids when they have upset stomachs) and you can only use it 3 times a day but this stuff is AWESOME. we thought he had colic but a few days of this stuff and no more gas problems.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 9:57 AM on Nov. 27, 2008