6 weeks old wont take bottle grrrr

my 6 week old daughter refuses to take the bottle ive tried it with breastmilk formula ive tried almost everything she just gets upset and screams the house down any suggestions or advice

gbabyinc10

Asked by gbabyinc10 at 11:54 AM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try another kind of nipple for the bottle.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 11:55 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• my oldest dd wouldn't take the bottle ever. i ended up exclusively breastfeeding her for a year.
    cheribabii613

Answer by cheribabii613 at 11:56 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• try the playtex drop ins with th esoft nipple its a little simular to the breast thats what i sed when i stopped nursing my son good luck mommy
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 11:59 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• i think the bottle with the soft nipple is called playtex drop-ins original nurser
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 12:00 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• thanks i will definitely try that

gbabyinc10

Comment by gbabyinc10 (original poster) at 12:03 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Wait it out. If she doesn't want it then she doesn't want it. But don't put formula in them. It stinks and is pretty unappetizing so it'll make her want it even less. Try a bottle again when she's interested in new things and she might like it. It's no big deal if she doesn't though. I never used bottles with my daughter and I'm not buying any for this baby either. You just don't them.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 12:06 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• @jus1jess it is fine i dont mind breastfeeding but she doesnt go to other family members not even daddy if shes not smelling the breastmilk or me its a problem thats a lil overwhelming
    gbabyinc10

Comment by gbabyinc10 (original poster) at 12:12 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Try having someone else give her the bottle, that way she doesn't smell you. I've also heard that the Nuk nipples are supposed to be the most similar to the breast, and maybe she just doesn't like the shape of the nipple you're trying.
    Mommyof2girls17

Answer by Mommyof2girls17 at 12:16 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• @mommyofgirls17 ive tried that i let her dad try and feed her it doesnt work i bought the nuk nipples still a no im going to try the playtex and see what happens
    gbabyinc10

Comment by gbabyinc10 (original poster) at 12:20 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Often, baby will not take a bottle if mom is present. Have you tried having it offered when you are out of the house? Also, it's not uncommon for a baby to wait it out, if mom is only gone a short time, and just make up for it upon mom's return.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:04 PM on Mar. 27, 2011