Child care...

What is the first step in finding a good day care for my child? I will be moving to an unfamiliar area and I want to make sure my chid is safe. Also I will be going to school full time and will not be working for the time being so how to I go about getting funding to have my child in day care? I will be moving to Albuqueruqe New Mexico.

Thank you

jaja202

Asked by jaja202 at 12:03 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

Level 1 (-97 Credits)
  • I just started calling places. I went and interviewed them, looked at the facility. I made it a point to go while the kids were there so I could watch her interaction with the kids. And of course I took DD with me so see how she did. When I found the one I wanted I just knew it. We spent almost an hour with her and DD just clicked with her right away. You can ask around at doctors or neighbors, or in school. As far as assistance I'm not sure how New Mexico works on that part. But I have noticed that in home licesned daycares are cheaper than actaul daycares. I 60$ a week for dd for 3 days a week. If I were to take her to the big daycare around here it would be 150$ a week.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 12:09 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• the first poster hit it very well as to what to do
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 12:11 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• You could also google the names of the daycares you're interested and see if you can find any reviews. Also try angieslist.com
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 12:39 PM on Mar. 27, 2011