Anyone else got an issue with foundation?

I've got very light coloured skin. I burn easily and I do get freckles if I don't use factor 50 sun lotion. I've found it so hard to find foundation that matches and protects my skin. Has anyone else had problems with make-up?

LaraHappyMummy

Asked by LaraHappyMummy at 12:14 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I do. I buy the lightest tinted moisturizer and then mix it with some more oil free lotion, it gives me enough coverage, and matches almost perfectly. ( no yucky lines) I also use the powder afterwards...
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:28 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I used to, until i tarted buying higher end makeup.

The cheap stuff just won't cut it for me....i need QUALITY!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:52 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I know what you mean.  I have freckles too, but I can tan.  I use sunscreen always on my face.  With foundation, I've found it's trial and error.  If I'm looking for a new shade, I will usuallly buy a bit less expensive foundation until I find a good shade.  Then I try to match that shade to a better quality make-up.  Lately I've been using the mineral powder kind and I love it.  On light skin, it can look kinda chalky, so i dampen a make-up sponge and pat it to make it even.

CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 12:22 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I have the same problem...looking forward to the responses
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 12:22 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• From my experience, Bare Essentuals Mineral Foundation Power (BareMinerals) is the BEST! It contains SPF, is quick to put on, covers really well, and matches just about any skin color. You can buy the "light" starter kit, or go into your nearest Bare Essentials store and have yourself matched.

I was never able to win at the matching game before. My skin is pretty light in winter and very dark in summer, and constantly changing year-round. BareMinerals, though . . I have ONE shade and it always works.

try it if you haven't already.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:37 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I've bought a WHITE foundation from Ebay, it's just arrived, Yay! I'm going to mix that with another 'coloured' foundation and see if that works.
    LaraHappyMummy

Comment by LaraHappyMummy (original poster) at 12:32 PM on Mar. 27, 2011