Keratin straightener .....

..... left my hair looking like straw :(  I used it back in Oct and for a few weeks it looked great.  After about 5 or 6 weeks, my hair got so dry.  I've been trimming it every few weeks, but I don't want to go any shorter.  I've tried the Nexxus split-end mending stuff.  I've used several other products as well,  It is still so dry.  What's the best option now?  Is there a certain product that works best?

CookieMom108

Asked by CookieMom108 at 12:28 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• not really , the damage is done , try a spray leave in conditioner , try nexus humectress
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 12:31 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• do an olive oil treatment. yes the kind of oil you cook with must be extra virgin. comb it through your hair and leave it for maybe an hour. then get in the shower but don't wash it right away. let the steam hit it for a few min and then wash it out. you'll need to shampoo a few times, don't use conditioner, the oil was the conditioner. and towel or air dry it. i do olive oil treatments once a week and it keeps my hair so soft.
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 12:33 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I wouldn't recommend it! It has way too much formaldehyde in it and could cause more damage
    MaterialGirl198

Answer by MaterialGirl198 at 8:45 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Just keep your hair moisturized. Keep it conditioned and I strongly suggest using Argan Oil, it does really good. Also, keeping it trimmed is a good idea. But your hair will probably be pretty dry until the keratin straightener has grown off.
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 5:44 AM on Mar. 28, 2011