For those of you have miscarried or lost a child what helped you get through it?

tspillane

Asked by tspillane at 12:49 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Depsite everyone trying to cheer me up and get my mind off of it, I did alot of crying. For me, it is important to acknowledge my grief, feel it, and let it pass, or it will get forever "stuck" in the form of anxiety. So, I respectfully requested some time, and let myself grieve. I think that made it tolerable.

ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:54 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Crying in my husbands arms and I finally got hapy after my mc when I got pregnant again.
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 1:00 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Time and trying to keep myself busy with other things. I chose not to tell anyone but my husband. I got into running and repurposeing furniture.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 1:11 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• accepting it's always a possibility
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 12:52 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• grieve.. everyone has to grieve. i cried a lot and start doing things to get it off my mind. say a prayer for my children (4 miscarriages) to be watched over in the spirit world and that they know i love them even if i never got to meet them.
    oldfashionSAHM

Answer by oldfashionSAHM at 1:36 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Gardening...

I know that sounds strange but it is so peaceful and the fact that I could make things grow when I could not make my baby grow was really helpful in my healing.

Also getting pregnant again fairly quickly really helped to heal my heart.

HUGS!!!!
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 8:50 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Time...time is the only thing that will help. I had a few friends and family around me for support and my husband was absolutely the best...but time is what made things better. I actually m/c 2 babies before I got pregnant again and had my son. Talking to other girls who had been through the same thing helped a lot as well and I made some great friends through chat boards and cafemom. Just take time to heal...
    jenne_l

Answer by jenne_l at 10:12 PM on Mar. 27, 2011