Will dancing by any chance harm the baby?

Hi, Im 11 weeks into my pregnancy and I've been doing alot of dancing and wild activities lately. i found out last week that Im preggo and was wondering if its safe to dance now and then, because I"ve been doing alot of that, I had a couple of shots, nothing too strong, but that was before i found out that I was preggo. Were anyone a party animal while pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Dancing doesn't hurt the baby, unless it'd like belly crawls on the floor, etc!
    Anonymous

• As long as it's not too vigorous, it should be fine. It's actually probably good for you. As for partying and drinking, I'd put that on hold while you're pregnant. That's definitely not good for the baby.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:05 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• dancing should be ok as long as your keeping to the level you did before dont try to do more than what your bodys used to
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 1:07 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• My doctor said as a rule if you were doing the activity when you got pregnant and eversince its ok to do with some caution, i mean i wouldnt go mosh pitting if i were pregnant but that doesnt mean i wouldnt keep jumping up and down.
    2breath2live

Answer by 2breath2live at 1:19 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Dancing should be fine. As another poster stated it's probably actually beneficial to you
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 1:20 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• DANCING MAY NOT HURT THE BABY BUT YOU WILL FEEL THE PAIN IN YOUR SIDE FROM IT, BUT I WOULD NEVER CHANCE IT THOUGH!
    Mommylovesu2011

Answer by Mommylovesu2011 at 1:51 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Dancing is a form of exercise & can be very good for you thru out your pregnancy. I think its ok to even go out as long as the bar is a "smoke free zone" (where i live u cannot smoke inside-anywhere- anymore)..
    I would say when u go in for checkups just talk to your dr. and make sure. Sometimes if something is not normal in the pregnancy a dr. may advice against it..
    But a 100% normal healthy pregnancy you should have no problems. it will help keep your stamina up--for L&D.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:59 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• dancing won't hurt the baby
    asil

Answer by asil at 12:18 AM on Mar. 28, 2011