How would you get your kid out of a gang ?

i can only think of moving and they may go back , i dont have a kid i n a gang , its just a scary thought

letstalk747

Asked by letstalk747 at 1:06 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I'd move or lock them in the house and monitor them 24/7. I'd do whatever it took.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:06 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Have them arrested and let them sit in juvie for a while. So they can feel the consequences for their actions and hopefully realize that jail is not the place to be! Also, transfer them to a different school (once they get out of "jail) and place them on a strict schedule...counseling also.
    MaterialGirl198

Answer by MaterialGirl198 at 1:07 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I don't know if it would work but I would set up a strict schedule that I was in control of. But then there is the time in school which can't be changed. I would select after school activities and supervise home time. I had to do something similar when my son had problems in middle school. It wasn't gangs but other stuff.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:08 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Lock them up literally. I don't care what I'd have to do, I'd just do it.
    kayalouise

Answer by kayalouise at 1:10 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• My kids love being with their family and are confident in their individual self. We encourage them to be better than a " follower". Because we show them love, respect, and encourage confidence in activities they thrive and enjoy~ I, honestly, can't imagine them being a part of a gang. IF they were, I think we would start with family counseling to see where the disconnect occured and work to rebuild their confidence in themselves and in our love and support for them.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:17 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Id never live in an area where they were prevalent would be the first start. If they were in one or said they were Id laugh at them and make fun of them every day. If that didnt work then if I found they broke the law Id toss them in jail myself.

Answer by gemgem at 1:17 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• moving away was my first thought. thats really scary.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 1:18 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

***

^^^ THIS!! If children come from a solid, loving and nurturing family, they will not turn to gangs to fill any voids!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:20 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• i don't believe locking them up is the answer. your taking them out of a street gang and putting them in one behind bars. really where is the good going to come from with all that. in the hopes they find a guard to look up too. good luck!! they will be with gang members more in juvie then they would on the streets.

seriously i would move to a different place. i don't care if i would have to jump states. for the safety of my child and my family i do believe that moving would be the best.
    oldfashionSAHM

Answer by oldfashionSAHM at 1:26 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Moving far enough away they couldn't get back and to an area that doesn't have any I guess. Although there are always groups of kids that aren't the best influence even if they aren't gangs. Man I'm scared for the teenage years.
    reaandiziesmama

Answer by reaandiziesmama at 1:27 PM on Mar. 27, 2011