Does every mother think their child is beautiful?

I was wondering, I think it's probably true! I think my children are beautiful beyond belief, but a friend asked me yesterday if everyone thought this I figured yep!

kayalouise

Asked by kayalouise at 1:13 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• Thats what they say. I think mine are all beautiful lol. I have never met a mom who said my kids ugly.

Answer by gemgem at 1:14 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• no... Im a realist. My child has a beauty that I see because she has shades of her father and I love him dearly, and I love her dearly. But there are times when she dresses oddly or doenst do her hair that I dont think she is empirically pretty.

YOu can love someone and realistically know they are not the prettiest person around... and it doesnt detract from your level of love.

Anonymous

• mine are gorgeous. every mom thinks that. do you blame them.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 1:17 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I think most think their kids are beautiful, but we've all seen some really ugly baby's before. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:22 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Most yes thank God. But there are a few that wish their daughters look like a movie star or a beautiful cousin of there's and these mom put these poor girls down so much they grow up with no self-esteem and are on drugs and the streets.
    This is my sisters child, it's very sad because there isn't a damn thing you can do.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 1:22 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I think 99% of moms do yes
    reaandiziesmama

Answer by reaandiziesmama at 1:25 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Everyone of us thinks the same!

Answer by older at 1:29 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Lol at this question but most mothers do feel like their children are beautiful until you breed with that person who you know may not have the best genes and then that's when we make the most of it and just dress them in really pretty clothes!
    Mommylovesu2011

Answer by Mommylovesu2011 at 1:30 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I would hope that every mother thought hers was the best looking but you do have those who are total witches and degrade their own kid
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:33 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• of course, and yes every single one of us would lay down our lives to protect our beautiful babies!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:34 PM on Mar. 27, 2011