Is there anything wrong with buying generic Happy Birthday paper products for a themed party for my 5 year old?

I have a debate with my husband whether to go cheap on the paper goods for our sons party or if it does matter that the Cars theme that we are planning to have include the expensive licensed Cars plates, napkins, cups, invites etc..

SuzyQ973

Asked by SuzyQ973 at 1:30 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Entertainment

• I do a mix. I usually get the themes table cover, napkins and cups. Then I get the plates that match but are plain and forks and spoons same thing. I go to party city and they usually have a great variety of colors so you can match things up pretty well.

Answer by gemgem at 1:33 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I don't see anything wrong with having 'happy birthday' plates, napkins, cups......especially since the 'cars' ones are so expensive and the items are just going to get messed on and tossed anyway. (besides I don't think many people notice what the paper goods look like-- especially if you have decorations up.)
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:37 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Not at all. You can do generic. He is five.
    unexpected1981

Answer by unexpected1981 at 1:40 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Only the people who think spending more $$ means getting better would think brand name is best. It's all going in the garbage after the party, so why buy expensive? paper products are pricey as it is.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:42 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I get themed decorations and tablecloths. For the paper products and silverware I just pick a color off the themed stuff and get that for the cups and plates and silverware.
    TishAnn752

Answer by TishAnn752 at 6:54 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Get the table cloth and cups but get plain plates
    ja2010

Answer by ja2010 at 11:52 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• If you're watching your budget, go generic and enjoy a good meal!
    KukyLopez

Answer by KukyLopez at 7:14 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I don't see a problem with it
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:36 AM on Mar. 30, 2011