3 days late for my period can i test at any time of day or only 1st pee?

There is of course a major chance im pregnant. DH and i do not use any type of protection. Im 3 days late and just wondering whether i can test at any time of the day now or if i must test first pee for accurate results?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• the first pee is best.. but with you being 3 days late.. i am sure you will get a postive any pee!!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 1:35 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• You can test whenever you want to since you are late, they have the tests where there are 3 tests in it..try it different days at different times..they also have tests that you can take before your period is due. Also first pee has more of the chemicals that tell you more accurately if you are pregnant, I took mine at night and I was 2 days late and it said I was pregnant..here I am 17 wks later. I hope this has helped!
    dolphingoddess

Answer by dolphingoddess at 1:37 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• you can test up to 5 days before depending on the test. it's best with first morning urine. for the best results waiting a week after your missed period is best. some women don't produce high enough hormones to be read in the early stages.
    oldfashionSAHM

Answer by oldfashionSAHM at 1:37 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• The hormone has time to build up in your urine with the first morning pee, so that's why it's generally recommended to use the first morning pee. But some tests are more sensitive so any time will work. Also the later you are the more hcg you'll be producing, so being 3 days late you probably can test any time. If you get a neg try again in the morning.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:42 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• 1st morning is the best. I am currently 11days late for my period and also my husband and I don't use any protection and I've taken two tests 1st thing in the morning on day 4 late and day 9 late and gotten "not pregnant" results both times so idk!
    meabellas_mommy

Answer by meabellas_mommy at 2:08 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• i took it when during the mid morning when i was three days late & just had my baby 2months & 3weeks ago...but they say morning is the best but i bought a pack that had more than one test in it :) wish ya luck
    proudmommy_0811

Answer by proudmommy_0811 at 5:46 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• First is best but I got my positives at all times of the day.
    AllThatBabyJazz

Answer by AllThatBabyJazz at 6:27 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• at this point any time of day should work... i got a + 9 days before my missed period with "not first morning pee"... just make sure you use a sensative test and hope for the best!
    asil

Answer by asil at 12:17 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I tried using opk which gave me positive for 9 days with this we went ahead and now am late on my periods could I b preg
    Palak1305

Answer by Palak1305 at 9:12 PM on Oct. 22, 2012

Palak1305

Answer by Palak1305 at 9:13 PM on Oct. 22, 2012