90X, anyone doing this?

I know it suppose to be for men but I found a p90x core synergistic video and there are girls in the video. I have been doing it for a few days now and feel really good but I don't want to bulk up. I'm already a runner but i need to add in some strengthing routines.

Liamsmom09

Asked by Liamsmom09 at 1:42 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• My Older sister is doing PX90, or P90X or something like that, she's lost over 85 lbs and just gushes about this program.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:43 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I have a friend at work that does it and she looks great. My husband is also starting it. It looks really intense!!! Not for me!
    meabellas_mommy

Answer by meabellas_mommy at 1:59 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• What I have done so far is really intense but that's they way I like to work out. I wanna know my body is getting worked and hard.
    Liamsmom09

Comment by Liamsmom09 (original poster) at 2:48 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• P90x is a great strength training program. As a woman, you're not likely to bulk up, unless you try to on purpose with supplements and extremely hardcore weight lifting. You just don't have enough testosterone in your body to be able to get bulky. I run (training for my 1st marathon 4/30) and use ab ripperX and YogaX as supplements though I don't use the other workouts yet because I'm focusing on distance training and don't want to be super sore for my runs which are more important. It's expensive if you buy it, but it's the real deal and you'll get results if you do it!
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 3:46 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I tried and gave up
    AllThatBabyJazz

Answer by AllThatBabyJazz at 6:47 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• my step daughter is doing it and loves it.
    BraenatsNeeNee

Answer by BraenatsNeeNee at 6:48 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• just ordered it, cant wait for it to come.
    gummybearmomma

Answer by gummybearmomma at 8:14 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I have friends who do it with their husbands, they like it.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 9:05 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I do X and I am a runner too. It is awesome. I am in my 10th week of X, core synergetics is one of my favorite workouts. it is a really well rounded program.
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 9:12 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Tried it, it was kicking my butt!
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 5:41 PM on Mar. 29, 2011