Should I set her straight???

My ex and I divorced 5 years ago we have 3 children together. I am remarried now and he is dating someone. My children came home from their house (once a month visit) and told me that they heard the woman talking on the phone to a friend saying she wanted to get pregnant. I guess my ex hasn't clued her in BUT he had a vasectomy 10 years ago, about 2 years before we divorced, we considered having another child and so we went to see if it could be reversed, the doctor said there was no way, I asked him if he would consider a sperm donor and never telling anyone and he flipped out (I understood, he is just like that). My ex has a record (a very long time ago, before I even met him) but it would prevent him from ever being able to adopt or even foster a child. Should I set her straight about this? She doesn't have any children of her own. They have been together about a year now and I feel it is only fair that she know what is going on before she spends any more of her time on this relationship. FYI, I am NOT trying to get rid of her, as far as his girlfriends are, I have liked her the best but I know if it was me, I would want to know because her staying with him would pretty much mean no children for her.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• Oh heck no!! Dont tell her or him anything. Wait and see if she does get preggo and trys to tell your Ex it's his. LOLOL
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:45 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• If it were ME personally..I'd just stay out of it.
    Good Luck!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:47 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Nope dont tell her anything. When she says something (and eventually when she doesnt get pregnant she will) say oh he had a vasectomy didnt u know?

Answer by gemgem at 1:49 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I would def stay out of it. Its his choice on whether or not he wants to tell her (which he should) but he can deny it, say your trying to cause trouble between them. Since you have kids with him you really dont want to say anything, it may cause unnecessary fighting. The other woman chose to be with him, thats on her at this point.
    dolphingoddess

Answer by dolphingoddess at 1:54 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Stay out of it. Its none of your business.. If you need to say anything, say it to your ex.. Tell him what the kids said, and suggest that he tell her about him being snipped..
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:04 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Have you ever played the game telephone???? Well it starts out with a story then is whispered into the ear of the next and so on so on. Remember there is her side , their side and the truth. live and let live. Let it go.

rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 2:24 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• No way would I get involved in that. Stay out. Safe yourself the aggravation of being involved in this inevitable DRAMA. She's a grown woman and will find out eventually.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:34 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I guess you are all right. I mean, if it was a friend, or even a friend of a friend, I would DEF say something but in my situation, it is complicated already without adding more to it. He should tell her but if he doesn't and she makes it known she wants a baby, his mom or sister could too (though they don't like her and prob won't)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:45 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• no its none of ur business to get involved.
    PrettyBaby24

Answer by PrettyBaby24 at 3:25 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Its not your place to say anything. Stay out of it.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:24 PM on Mar. 27, 2011