What is it like to have twins

i will be having twins in Dec and my husband is always at work

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on Jul. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• HAHAHAHAHAH!!! No, just kidding. Its hectic. Put aside all preconceived ideas. The best thing to do is let the babies control you for the first 2-3 months. I remember (mine are now 3 1/2) going to sleep at 6 pm, because I was awake all through the night. If it wasn't one, it was the other. I also had a 10 month old when they were born. I had lotsa help from who ever I could get my hands on. My house was a mess, laundry never got done. I had to resort to using kitchen towels as burp rags. I was a zombie. My husband left for work at 6 am, and I had already been up for 2 hours. Its not easy, but their your babies, and you'll do anything for them. And for some quiet.
    barrettboys

Answer by barrettboys at 7:06 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• no sugar coating-the first four months for me was hell.i love my babies more than anything,but i cried every day the first four months.my dh worked nights,my mom had just gotten out of the hospital,so i basically had no help for the first couple of months.i slept 45 minutes at a time.you just kinda SURVIVE the first four months.there wasn't really any time to enjoy them until at least three months.i'm not telling you this to scare you-i'm telling you this so that when you have all this going on you will know it's normal,and even moreso that IT DOES GET BETTER!mine are now 13 months and we have a nice little groove going on-each little milestone makes them more happy and at ease.so when it's really hard the first couple months, don't feel ashamed if you have a hard time handling it some days.totally normal.and when they're both crying and you just can't take it anymore,make sure they're fed, safe and have a clean diaper then walk out of the room for five minutes.ask me ?'s anytime.
    tstep972

Answer by tstep972 at 11:11 PM on Jul. 10, 2008