Question about miscarriage

I think I had a positive pregnancy test (very faint positive if it was) about three weeks ago. I followed up with two more tests after that and they wall came up negative.

Today I passed something that looks like a clump of fat. I don't know if it's a miscarriage, or if that's normal period stuff. Do I go into the doctor? Do I keep the discharge? Is it urgent enough to go to intensive care? Or should I wait to see my regular OB/GYN on Monday?

If I had been pregnant I don't think it would have been more than 4 or 5 weeks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had one and that sounds like it could deff. be one. As long as you have no fever or pain or anything and you're not dizzy I think you'd be ok to call your ob tomorrow. If you develop any of those symptoms then got to the er.
    AllThatBabyJazz

Answer by AllThatBabyJazz at 6:25 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• No need to go to the doctor unless you are bleeding excessively.

Answer by gemgem at 2:24 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• word of advice. you more then likely had a miscarriage and the hormone didn't get very high because it was early. the baby dind't make it which resulted and the sudden drop in what hormone you did have.

early miscarriages is safe and usually no need in a doctor, unless you feel that everything has not come out or start getting signs of infection.

with early miscarriages when they test you and the test comes back negitive they will tell you that you never was pregnant to begin with and it was all in your head.

i've had 4 of them. and that's what happened to me with 2 of them.
    oldfashionSAHM

Answer by oldfashionSAHM at 2:21 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• how big was the clump? i had miscarried at only 2 weeks and it was the size of a golf ball and i dont think something that big would be partof a normal period. also when i was passing it i had cramps far beyond what i normally get for a regular period. but still follow up with your doctor
    wifey000175554

Answer by wifey000175554 at 2:23 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• It was about as big as my thumb and it seemed to me like it was in that shape too.

What are the signs of infection?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:27 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Unless you are bleeding HEAVILY ( and the drs will use this guideline - are you filling up a pad an hour? That's heavy.) and you are having a lot of pain, there's no need to see a doctor. There's not really much they can do. It may or may not be a miscarriage. Hard to say.
    I can tell you this though, I have miscarried 3 times - the first was a blighted ovum, I had to have a D&C (surgical removal) at 12 weeks. The second was at 5 weeks, passed naturally - this was the easiest one. The third was at 9 weeks, passed naturally. Miscarrying was the most physically painful experience I have ever had. Even giving birth wasn't as painful as miscarrying. So if you had a positive test 3 weeks ago, you'd be probably 6-7 weeks along, and you'd be in noticably more pain than what your normal period causes. In my experience. Everyone is different, though.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 2:34 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I agree with most of the other comments. It may have been an early miss...but no need to go to a doc if it's not painful or bleeding severely. Many people miss and never even know it.
    I have had 2...one with a D&C and one naturally passed. With a natural pass, it's pretty much just waiting and dealing...until it's done. As long as you keep up your fluids and iron.
    If you feel ILL...go to the doc.
    boomamma

Answer by boomamma at 5:02 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I've got a fever now- but my husband is just getting over being sick- and I'm wondering if I have what he had, or if I do need to go to the ER. Ugh.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:36 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• i wouldn't say er... i would see your ob if you are concerned or the fever is still there tomorrow...
    asil

Answer by asil at 12:14 AM on Mar. 28, 2011