Wyr... clean house vs. volunteer/retaurants

More info... My moms home always has a layer of dirt.

It isnt horrible but it always looks as if it is do for a cleaning.... it is picked up.  I have repeatedly suggested she get a housekeeper in, even just once a month, to help out... since she claims she is too out of shape to do a good cleaning (she is VERY heavy).  She says she doesnt have the money.

HOWEVER

She and her husband "go to restaurants" (that is what she calls them... it is really fast food) up to 8+ times a week.  They make soup, cookies, pies, etc for friends and neighbors (a VERY nice gesture).  They volunteer at Lions club and spend money to help organize, plan, etc event there.  She sews primi hats for the hospital, etc.

They are LOVELY WONDERFUL gestures.... but all the while she is living in dirt.  Dont you think she could eek out a little bit of money so she doenst live in a dirty home???????? (since she is unwilling to do the work herself)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in

• Oh, my! Bump
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 2:43 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Would you volunteer your time to clean it once a month, since you see it as so bad?

If not, then I guess since she's living there it's up to her what she choses to do or not do, and what or what not to spend her time and money on.
    Anonymous

• Im in a different state.

If she would stop bytching about how dirty it is I wouldnt even know. But if she is going to complain about it every time I talk to her then she should do something about it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:08 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I think I would be less agitated if she handled money better. As it is she doesnt even have a will. She spends a ton on 'stuff' and then bytches she doesnt have enough money to visit her grand kids, keep her house/lawn nice, etc.

Well then do something... gee wiz she is 66 old enough that I shouldnt have to treat her like one of my teenage kids.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:10 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• clean my house
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 3:57 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I am first Anon - well, different state I can see you not being able to volunteer doing it - AND the big thing is if she is the one complaining about it, then she should figure out a way to do something about it. The money she'd save from not going out to eat all week for one or two weeks would pay for the housecleaning.....

I would look into cleaning services in her area, and next time you are on the phone and she complains about it, tell her to look into the places you checked out - that you'd gladly email to her. :)
    Anonymous

• OP--Why don;t YOU purchase a monthly cleaning service for her/them? Make it a "Gift of the Month" gesture!! I know I would love something like that....even though I keep my house spotless! :O)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:12 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• clean house
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 7:46 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• clean house
    mlanderson

Answer by mlanderson at 10:05 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• clean house
    AromaMia

Answer by AromaMia at 12:15 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

Next question in
Chocolate bunny or cream egg ?

Next question overall (Just for Fun)
Who would ?