My niece is so amazing to me right now

shes been amazing to me since she was about 10 and stood up for herself against my mothers criticisms and little remarks, but the thing that is really amazing to me is she has so much courage to be able to tell of us...her whole family that shes pregnant and that she knew how an abortion would make her feel afterwords, no shes not a little kid, shes young though shes 18. my daughter is 10 now and i didn't know how to explain that the women she looks up to got pregnant before marriage, my niece answered every question truthfully and explained what happened the most amazing thing my niece told my daughter was "no matter what a boy says to you dont give him what he wants he may say he likes the way you are and wants to be with you forever but tell him if he likes you that much he can wait" the weird part about that is my niece and her boyfriend (the one that got her pregnant) are still together, i guess she has more wisdom then any of us did, even if she did get pregnant at 18

sorry i just needed to put that out there, iv told everyone at work already and their starting to hate me for it lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• A lot of 18 year olds get pregnant. As long as they are able to care for the baby, there's nothing wrong with that. True that many girls at 18 are not mature enough to handle it, but there are just as many who are.
    I married right after I turned 17, had my first two miscarriages while I was 18, then struggled with infertility for a while. We were perfectly ready to have a baby at that point in time.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 2:49 PM on Mar. 27, 2011