What sites do you let your six year old go on?

My six year old is on punishment. She has apparently forgotten how to be grateful. So I told her that we weren't gonna go anywhere on the weekends until she learns how to be grateful for the things that I do for her. Last weekend I took her to the movies (her idea) and spent 23 bucks on tickets, then I spent 22 dollars on food inside the movies. I then took her to a family outing held at my cousins church and when it was time to go she started crying. I asked why she was crying and she said because she wasn't ready to go, that she wanted to go play some more. It made me so angry because she only considers herself and on top of all that not ONE thank you the whole day!!! So I told her nothing else until she learns to be grateful.

Anyway. She keeps saying she is bored. So I want to what educational websites do you let your grade school kid go to? I've searched for some and the ones I found she is well advanced for them. I need something on a 1st grade level. Any links would be greatly appreciated!

prissysayshi

Asked by prissysayshi at 3:14 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• kidsdiscovery.com, funbrian.com, i have more but i would have to look on my kids profiles.

this is what my cousin sent me that is a list of educational sites on there. http://www.homeschoolboutique.com/pages/HomeschoolFavorites.php

my 12 yr old and 9 yr old act the same way.
    oldfashionSAHM

Answer by oldfashionSAHM at 3:25 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• www.sproutonline.com

My 5 yr old loves it!!!
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 3:26 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• my daughter will be 6 next month and she goes on

disney.com
    pbskids.org
    sesamestreet.org
    nickjr.com
    superwhy.com (this is a new one and she likes it)
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 3:33 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• pbs kids, nick jr, disney.com, ticket to read, starfall and the last two are ones my kindergarden teacher recommonds so I know safe and fun to do.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 3:39 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• both my 6 and 4 year old love starfall.com and disney.com
    NickJr is a good one as well
    Charizma77

Answer by Charizma77 at 8:38 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• PBS kids, disney and nick jr.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 11:38 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Nick JR.com
    Nintendo.com ( I choose the game)
    toontown.com
    PBS kids.com
    starfall.com
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 11:35 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• The only one my daughter is allowed on is nickjr.com.

I have a 6 year old as well and it is hard to teach them to be grateful,but I'd say moat kids that age get upset about having to leave somewhere when they are having a good time. Six year olds don't really have the maturity to think too far outside of themselves.
    mommythree0508

Answer by mommythree0508 at 2:28 PM on Mar. 28, 2011