Christmas and Santa!

I understand that some parents dont want there kids to believe in SANTA but thats part of the fun. Its not lieing its just making magic. I think its great when lil kids wake up and think that santa came. I love seeing there faces all lit up and smiles from side to side. I think its sad when kids grow up not believive and then ruin it for the other kids that do. I hate negative parents. I also understand everyone is different but dont ruin it for everyone else... JUST LET THE MAGIC HAPPEN!

BallardMomma

Asked by BallardMomma at 11:16 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I don't like the negativity either....my parents ruined it for me growing up - not wanting to "lie" to me. They lied to me about everything else in life except this! It wasn't fair! My children all still believe in Santa, even my 12 yr old! I think that the magic of it developes creativity and teaches them about giving and hope. For the Christian believer, I feel it demonstrates the spirit of hope. Isn't that what God wants us to learn? The spirit of giving and hope?

Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 11:24 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I love the thought of Santa myself
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 11:17 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Wait a minute... are you saying Santa isn't real?
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 11:23 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I think that due to the state of economics, alot of families are turning to other ways to celebrate the holidays. Santa= presents. Some people cannot afford to celebrate Christmas with gifts, thus, the thought of Santa is done away with. I don't really think it's such a bad idea, myself. I always liked all the hoopla instead of the gift giving myself. When I was living near my family, I actually felt like I was cheating my own family by taking money and food that I could be feeding and buying things for themselves, to meet the needs of my family and give Christmas gifts that I could not afford.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 11:24 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• pupmom: I know what you are saying, but I think that the real meaning of Christmas AND Santa can be intertwined. It takes some creativity - but it can be done. I would encourage parents in this situation to talk candidly about the state of the economy and relate it to Santa. EVERYONE (incl Santa) are having hard times. I would put it this way: "Let's help Santa by playing Santa helpers..." Then you could have each member in the family be a secret santa to one family member: doing nice things without them knowing like doing their chore for them or cleaning their room for them, etc. It builds on the creativity, keeps the spirit of hope and giving alive and teaches children to help out in tough times.

Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 11:31 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Frog im saying that lets not ruin it for the kids.... THATS THE POINT OF WHAT IM SAYING!
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 11:35 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• i dont know i never believed in santa. and really i dont remember if i ruined it for anyone. really. umm. i'm letting my son believe in santa, because i want him to be surprised on xmas morning, instead of knowing its from us you know? i dont know thats my thought! :D
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 11:39 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• My kids will tell you Christmas is about Jesus, but they still believe in Santa and he still brings them a toy every year. DD8 has figured out that he's not real though, we didn't do it, she is just smart!
    sadfairytale

Answer by sadfairytale at 12:16 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Wait...I agree with the post...are you saying Santa is real?? I believe in Santa, faeries, Easter beagle...I'm 52 and until I'm 6' under pushing up daisy's, I'll believe!! Life is tough, why can't we have a little fantasy. Teach the kids the true meaning of the "Holidays" but still why can't they wake up Christmas morning and find that bike under the tree that wasn't there when they went to bed?? Does it hurt anything? NO. They grow way too fast. Let them have the fantasy before they HAVE to grow up.
    BTW if you don't think Santa exists, read "Yes Virginia There is A Santa" I still cry.
    (Clapping my hands) I Do believe, I Do believe(Watch Peter Pan and you'll understand)
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 4:16 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• BlueFrogMama, see ya on the Polar Express!!
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 4:18 AM on Nov. 27, 2008