What exactly is the date of conception and when would mine be?

Last wednesday (Nov 19) I found out I was 6 weeks 3 days (sounds crazy but thats what the doctor said). I figured I would count back 6 weeks and 3 days and that would be my date of conception (Being roughly Oct 5). After messing around online with myspace tickers and such I come to find out that putting Oct 5th as my conception date would make me (then) 8 weeks! Im soo confused! It's really on my mind cause me and my boyfriend split around the 16th and there was this one time within the next week with an ex.....Me and my boyfriend NEVER wore a condom but me and the ex did. What is bothering me is that 2 week time period that they consider you're pregnant when you're really not (WHICH I NEVER EVEN HEARD OF!). So do I need to count back 4 weeks and whoever I was with then would be the father or is it safe to count back the 6 weeks? My last period was around the 20th of Sept. What would you think? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

• If you're 6 weeks and 3 days pregnant, it's only been 4 weeks and 3 days since conception.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 11:24 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• www.babycenter.com has a conception counter on there. (been awhile, I think they still have it) But you put in the due date and that gives you the conception date. GOOD LUCK hope daddy is who you want.....
    Anonymous

• Keep in mind that conception doesn't necessarily happen the day you have sex. It can take a few days.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 11:32 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I know this is probably not what you want to hear...but you will have to have a DNA test to be for sure. Conception does not take a few days---it happens or it doesn't! I wish you all the luck in the world and please feel free to contact me if you want to.
    kgcmomma

Answer by kgcmomma at 11:40 PM on Nov. 26, 2008