My 4 year old wets bed at nite what do i do to get her to stop?

My daughter is potty trained she goes all day and does not wet but at bedtime she wets the bed. I do not know how to get her potty trained really frustrated. Help me please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Some kids have a natural tendency to wet the bed, unfortunately. It might be several years before she's no longer wetting the bed.

Somethings I've done to help my little one...no drinks after 6, make SURE she goes potty right before bed, and once in a while, I'll wake her up before I go to bed myself to have her use the potty. Other than that, I'm not sure there's really much else you can do :/
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 3:39 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• try to limit drinks before bed, try to get her to go potty before bed. My girl wets the bed and at six still wears a pull up and she wets more at night when she is coming with a bladder infection. So might want to rule that out. If no problem there probley just a stage she is going through. Just hang in there. As reward for nights she stays dry and that helps them work harder to stay dry.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 3:42 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I agree with hopeandglory53. Also put her in a diaper or pullups at night.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:43 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I have a 6 year old who still can't make it thru the night. Appt with pediatrician in a couple of weeks to discuss our options. Limit drinks, have her help take off the bedding to be washed and have her help make the bed. Night pants would save lots of time and frustrations.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:39 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• It varies all over the place how early a child can stay dry at night. I have known some kids to not be dry until 6, 8, even 10 years old. It is a matter of the body being mature enough. It will happen eventually. Use pullups until it happens naturally
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:25 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I had the same problem with my ss. I talked to his ped. about it and he told me that some kids do go throw that, but there are ways that you can help her. No water a hour before bed as well as a gental remider to go before bed. Hang in there they do grow out of it. My ss used to hide his cloths as well as his sheets so that I wouldn't know. Knowing will help you be able to help her. good luck
    Kimberly71682

Answer by Kimberly71682 at 6:09 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Are you watching her liquid intake after about 4pm and making sure she sits on the potty at least twice before bedtime? If you not I would cut down on her drinks from about 4, when she is thirsty just give her little sips and then some milk with dinner or whatever you normally do but just scale down the amount and see how that goes
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 10:56 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• My 7 year old still wets the bed about 3 nights out of 7. I was really getting frustrated and so was she. Then my father in law pulled my aside. I was in tears, she was in tears, one night at grandma's house and she had wet the ned, again. He told me that he didn't stop until he was fourteen.
    Now she has the responsibility of changing her own sheet when it happens. no more frustration and gradually I'm begining to see more dry nights and less sheets in the wash.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 4:11 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• maybe buy some plastic pants and a rubber mattress that worked for my son
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:57 PM on May. 21, 2011

• doctors have also told us to stop all liquid intake 2 hours before going to bed and that works for some also
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:58 PM on May. 21, 2011