Is there anyone who knows of help for bills?

I just started my disability and i am in need of help for my bills.I would also like some type of home job.

margaret1

Asked by margaret1 at 3:39 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Money & Work

• Most work from home jobs are scams . Also if you work they may reduce your disability anyway.
    Anonymous

• Depends on what state you live in. GOOGLE Help with bills in _____ and your state to find places to help you.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:44 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Usually social services and catholic charities are your best bet. Also sometimes for electric if you contact the company they can work a plan with you. Good luck!
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 3:52 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• If you live in a small town, you might get some assistance from your town office. Also, if you attend church your church may have a small one time 'help' fund. Take in some ironing, or find some kind of work you can do with your disability.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:36 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with medical billing and small business marketing), I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:06 AM on Mar. 28, 2011