How do i discipline my five yr old daughter with ADHD?

Sticker charts with incentives and good jars havent worked so far

mystic78

Asked by mystic78 at 3:39 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• have you worked with a behavioural specialist , , meds ?
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 3:43 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• None of that stuff worked for us either. Time outs don't work either. I took away mindless things she liked IE: TV. If she wanted to do something it was going to be creative, hands on play.
    ADHD is hard, alot of trial and error.
    goddess99

Answer by goddess99 at 3:55 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I have my dd seeing an in home counsilor. I took her off meds bocouse they didn't work. The counsiling works real good for her, I just wish she could come more offtain. What works for one child might not work for another, so you need to find something that works for your dd and run with it.
    Kimberly71682

Answer by Kimberly71682 at 3:56 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• No medication as of yet because in school she has an aide with her all day to help keep her focused.... we are on a waiting list to get her in with a behavioral counciler
    mystic78

Comment by mystic78 (original poster) at 4:00 PM on Mar. 27, 2011