My son always wakes up soaked, I used every diaper the one that works most of the time is pampers Cruisers, has anyone everdouble diapered a baby? Just a thought

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• No. I use Huggies Overnights. My son is a large boy and he has never leaked overnight using these. You can find them in Target or Walmart.
    LittleJoes

Answer by LittleJoes at 11:25 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Maybe try limiting his fluids before bed. My boys were like that as babies and I had to stop giving them fluids 2 hours before bed.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:26 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• My baby is 15 months old & of course into everything I let him roam throughout the house for a bit but then I gate in the Living room which is a not big not small, I feel bad staying there most of the time now thats it's getting cold is it bad to do this confined to one room half of the day??
    Anonymous

• My daughter did that even with the overnight diapers. I just stopped letting her have liquids before bed. She gets a couple sips of water and that's it. Haven't had a problem since.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 11:27 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Yes. They make disposable doublers. I would never limit a childs liquids. Not even while potty training. It is so easy for them to get dehydrated.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:28 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• You could even try to put those plastic/vinyl covers over his diaper just incase. they are cheep and reusable! They are for potty training but at least it would prevent him soaking his clothing and his sheets. yea I dont really think its good to limit a child's liquid intake.. If hes thirsty give him a drink. Try out those vinyl cover pants! They are big but work.
    nicholelpb

Answer by nicholelpb at 11:33 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I limit my kid's fluids and they were fine. They are drink guzzlers and drink all throughout the day. Dehydration is unheard of in my house.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:33 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• my son pees through his pull-ups like crazy. he also did this in his diapers. huggies worked, but on some nights, they didn't work, he just has a big bladder i guess. i doubled diapers up all the time. now, i had a problem with pull-ups. i finally found that pull-ups by pampers (who my son was allergic to their diapers) work GREAT on him. I got the Diego ones(my ds LOVES him), because they were cheaper, which is how i made my discovery. as for liquids, he drinks some milk for breakfast, juice for lunch, milk for dinner, and 1 juice for his snack. sometimes his juice isn't juice, it's really gatorade.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:49 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• i get the powdered ones and put litterally a pinch of powder in an 8oz cup of water and it flavors it enough for him to drink it, or i get flavored water. this is mainly in the summer, especially if we go to the park or pool. summer is when he drinks more. but he's not allowed to drink anything after dinner. dinner is 6:30, bed is 8pm.
    armywife43

• i just get up once in the middle of the night to change my dd. its a little tiresome to have to get up at 2 am. but i figure that is better than cleaning her bedding everyday. i cant even imagine making her sleep in urine all night... and i find that she sleeps longer when she has a dry diaper
    IGotLuckyInKy

Answer by IGotLuckyInKy at 11:52 PM on Nov. 26, 2008