What would you say to a friend that says she feels overwhelmed?

mamacita69930

Asked by mamacita69930 at 3:50 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• Ask her if there's anything you can help her with.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 5:19 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• It would depend. Is she overwhelmed because of her kids or relationship or finances or just everything in general? Offer to watch her kids for a day so she can rest in the kids are stressing her out. Be there to listen to her offer her advice on the subject she is dealing with. Just being there for her is a good friend.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 3:51 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• depends.

I would either be an ear for her.... OR.... if she was asking for advice i would suggest she make a list of things she feels overwhelmed with and what needs to be done... I would help her to see that a BIG job could be broken down in to small bite size pieces.
    Anonymous

• You say comforting things to her like "Life can be overwhelming at times," "I feel the same way sometimes," "Would you like to talk about your feelings or the things that are overwhelming for you?" "I'm here for you whenever you need a friend to lean on." The idea is to open up the possibility for a conversation or to make her feel comfortable to confide in you. Once you get past that point, then give her your undivided attention, be a good listener, and maybe offer some solutions to her problems. Good luck!
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 4:10 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I'd ask her to list everything that is overwhelming to her and then go thru the list and help her figure out which should be a priority and which ones are not that pressing.?? Don't know if there is much else you can do except continue to be her friend thru it all. Good Luck to you both.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:17 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• depends on what shes overwhelmed with.. is it something u can help with?
    kimsmith22

Answer by kimsmith22 at 9:41 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• join the club
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 4:17 PM on Mar. 27, 2011